Bad Day (Chris Motionless)

I trudged up the stairs to our house and unlocked the door. I kicked my shoes off and headed towards the kitchen. I felt so weighed down because it had been a really bad day. I filled a cup with water as I thought over everything that had happened. I had been yelled at by several people, including my boss, over a mistake that was not caused by me. Because of that, I hadn't been able to focus on any work and got nothing done. To make it better, I had tripped over my own two feet and absolutely ate shit, which ended in me scraping up my knee. I felt tears begin to slide down my face as my knee throbbed. Before I could stop, a whole flood of tears came bursting through the barrier. I felt so stupid for crying over something like this, but I couldn't stop.

"Y/n?" A voice called from the hallway. I turned as the sound of footsteps getting closer reached my ears. Chris's head appeared in the doorway and he only took a second to take in the scene before he hurried towards me and wrapped me in his arms. I clung to him tightly, my fingers bunching up the fabric of his shirt. One of his hands came to rest on the back of my head and the other began to rub my back. We stayed like that for several minutes, Chris murmuring soothing noises. "What happened?" He asked after a while. I hiccupped as I explained everything that had happened. "Oh, my sweet girl, I'm so sorry that happened," he said sadly. "How about we go take a nice warm bath and cuddle?" I looked up at him and nodded at his suggestion. He smiled and led me upstairs to our bedroom. He left me on the bed so he could go fill up the tub. When he was done, he took my hand and led me into the bathroom. I stripped and climbed into the tub, the warm water immediately beginning to soothe me. Chris climbed in behind me and let me rest against his chest.

Chris would occasionally lean down and press a kiss to my bare shoulder as he began to gently clean me. He let my hair down and started rubbing soap into my scalp, which made me sigh contentedly. When that was done, he climbed out and got dressed before laying clothes out for me. He helped me out of the tub and wrapped me up in a towel before he left me to get dressed. I threw on a pair of leggings and Chris's shirt before I ambled out into the bedroom. Chris was laying on the bed, his back resting on the headboard when I came in. He opened his arms and I crawled into them, laying myself on top of him. My ear pressed against his beating heart as his hands came to rest on my back. "Thank you for doing this. You really didn't have to," I said, turning my head to look up at my husband. "I'm always happy to make my wife feel better, even if I don't have to, because it hurts me to see you cry," he replied as he brushed some strands of hair away from my face. I smiled up at him and kissed him before I burrowed back into his chest. As I felt myself begin to drift off, I muttered ,"I love you," and I felt Chris chuckle beneath me before he replied, "I love you, too."

Thank you guys for 1.3k reads! I really appreciate it. As always, requests are open, so feel free to comment a suggestion or message me.