Touchdown

Sivaangi had just finished recording a very difficult song for Anirudh and was tired. She was looking forward to a quiet evening at home with her family but when she got off the elevator, she knew that was not happening, definitely not today. She could hear her 5 year old daughter, Isha, screaming on top of her lungs going, "Touchdown dada". Sivaangi rolled her eyes and nodded her head in dismay. As soon as she opened the front door, the little munchkin came running to her but not without her console in hand. "Amma kutty, Amma kutty inniki dada enkitta thothu poitaan." Sivu hugged her correcting her language saying, "thothu poitaar not poitaan" and she kissed both cheeks.

She glanced at the sofa to find her sulking husband. The man was literally a valarndha kozhandhai. He was competitive even with his 5 year old daughter. Sivaangi couldn't control her laughter looking at his face, "idhukku thaan appove sonnen 6 maasa kozhandhaiya madila vachukittu game veladaadheenga nu. Ippo moonji ya thooki vachu enna prayojanam." Then she walked up to him, pinched his cheeks and said, "seri seri siringa". He continued to sulk looking at her and said, "adhuku mattum hug, kiss. Naan thaane thothu ponen, enakku mattum cheeks kilittu porey". She gave him a cheeky smile, winked and pulled him down and whispered in his ears, "Touchdown". AK immediately blushed.

Sivaangi then said aloud, "Naan quick aa freshen ayittu varen. Semmaya pasikkidhu. Enna saapadlaam?" Isha immediately yelled, "Pizza. Dada edho healthy ya cook panirukaan, sorry panirukaar maa. Nallave illai. Adhu avare sapadattum. Neeyum Naanum pizza okay?" Sivaangi laughed out loud when AK had a shocked expression and said, "Eiii fraud naal fulla Unna paathukittadhu naan, pasta super dada nu solli bowl a gaali panittu ippo complain a pannarey? KD fellow. Unakku no pizza." Sivaangi laughed at their atrocities and went to shower. Just then the door bell rang and it was Sundar. Isha ran towards him screaming, "Chunda mama." He picked her up and said, "Ready ya? Thatha veetukku polaama?" She always loved to spend time with her Ammamma and Thaatha. AK had a bag ready for her. Sundar did not wait to see Sivaangi. He just grabbed Isha and her belongings and left.

Sivaangi had a nice long shower and stepped out in her pajamas and wet hair. She sat on the stool in front of the dressing mirror to dry her hair. Just then AK walked in and slowly placed his arms on her shoulders and started to gently massage her neck. She closed her eyes and moaned a slight hmmmm. AK bent down and whispered, "Isha va Sundar oda anupitten. I know you were longing for a quiet evening and it is always my pleasure to fulfill the wishes of my Rowdy" and he slowly nibbled her ears. She smiled and stood up looking into his eyes and said, "That's why I love you so much" and pecked his cheeks. He smiled and, holding her from behind, walked her to the dining table. He had made her favourite pasta and baked a small cake.

She looked at it, surprised. Sivaangi was bad with dates so she looked up at him while eating her pasta, "who did I forget this time?" Ashwin laughed and said, "saaptu kitte yosi maa". He loved her thinking face. She was so adorable. Suddenly she said, "yummy pasta Ashwineyyy. Unga ponnu kozhuppu pudichu suthara. Varattum naalikki rascal." AK smiled and said, "che che paavam kozhandai." Sivu sighed, "avala keduthu vachade Neenga thaan". AK replied, "Hmmm she is definitely a cutie." Then he pulled his wife close to him and said, "Six years today since she was conceived" and whispered "Touchdown" only to reach for her lips for a passionate kiss. When their lips parted, Sivaangi said, "We do make beautiful babies and guess what?" She pulled out the pregnancy kit wrapped in a plastic cover from her pocket and said, "Touchdown" and reached out for his lips to begin their romantic, passionate night.

Brinda Subramanian