Pani thuli

Ashwin was impatiently walking up and down his living room. He held on to his phone and kept glancing at it muttering, "Enna innum aala kaanum? Message ku vera reply panna maatengara. Appove veeta vittu kelambaren nu solitaale." Just then the door bell rang and he rushed to open the door. She smiled with her chirpy, "Hi." He quickly pulled her in and before she could speak an further, he wrapped his arms around her waist, lifted her and kissed her lips passionately. After a few minutes he let go off her lips and she took a breath, giggled saying, "Ashwineyyy unnala thaan ennoda lung capacity improve ayirukku theriyuma. Ippidi kiss panni panni I have learnt to hold my breath for longer intervals." He smirked and quickly picked her up saying, "oh appona nee oru periya singer aagardhukku ennala mudinja support full aa pannaren" and he kissed her again.

She pinched his cheek which made him let go of her. The love birds laughed as he carried her to the sofa complaining, "Naan evvalo nerama unakku wait panikittu irukken theriyuma. Already nee free ya irundha naan busy and naan freeya irukum podhu nee busy. Naaliki nee Malaysia vera kelambarey. Idhukku apparam 12 days kazhuchu thaan meet panna mudiyum." She wrapped her arms around him saying, "Enakkum appove varanum nu thaan aasai. Appa car eduthuttu poitaar. Ola kedakkardhukulla podhum podhum nu ayidichu. Idhula phone vera dead." He became concerned and chided saying, "Maa veliya pogum podhu ippidi pannadha maa. Phone eppovum charge panni vachukko. Adhu thaan rendu phone irukku la. Idhu risky. Purinjuko maa." She quickly pinched his cheeks lovingly and said, "Sorry innime panna maaten ok va?" She quickly plugged her phone into his charger and excused herself to use the restroom.

Meanwhile, he went to the kitchen oven to pull out her favorite home made vegetable puffs and strawberry milk shake. As she returned she took a whiff saying, "mmmmm.....yummy smell." Then she looked at her man and raised her eyebrows. She gave him a sultry look saying, "I love a man in his apron." Ashwin looked at the blue apron he was wearing and blushed instantly. He immediately distracted her by feeding her a bite of the puff after blowing on it as it was hot. They went back to the couch and he pulled her close to him to snuggle. Just then she heard a notification on her phone, which she quickly grabbed. He was still busy nibbling on her neck while she started humming "anal mele pani thuli". In his base voice he whispered, "Maa unakku thaan theriyum la nee indha song paadina enakku vera mood varum nu? Adhukku thaane hum pannarey?" She giggled and slapped his arm that was wrapped around her bare waist. She was still looking at her phone when she said, "Adhu illai Ashwineyy, Ravoofa ma'am kittendhu message vandhirukku. Friday cover song release pannidalaam nu adhu thaan insta story la potten. Ungalukaaga thaan andha cover song ok va?" Then she put her phone away and plopped on his lap giving him more access. Breathing through his every touch and kiss, she whispered, "Neengalum en kooda Malaysia vaangalen. I will miss you and this so much." She nibbled on his ear lobes. He winced pretending as though she had hurt him which made her bite a little harder. He kissed her quickly and said, "nee thaan unnoda akka va kootitu poriye, aparam enna?" Nee thirumbi vandhu namma time spend pannalaam. She frowned saying, "Ange semma hotel kudukaraanga theriyuma? Bathtub ellam irukkum." He laughed saying, "Adi paavi. Eppidi ellam enna tempt pannarey paaru. Kadaisi la bucket and mug thaan irukka pogudhu." She clung on to him saying, "Ungala romba miss pannuven. Cover song vera release ayidum. Innum kashtama irukkum." It was a gorgeous evening for them to be in each other's arms.

Next morning he had to head for shoot so he dropped her off at EVP and then she went home after her part of the shoot. She posted a pic from the flight with her cousin. By the time she reached Malaysia, the gorgeous weather and the hotel ambience made her miss him more. She knew he was busy with shoot but she wanted him to know that she was missing him terribly so she posted a story with the video of the tub, just before she was going to get in it. The song she chose was just letting him know that they were so far away from each other. The missing made her a little angry so picked the lyrics which said you and I are different and want different things but soon enough he replied to her, very lovingly with a story saying, "Pakkama neeyum naanum".

Thankfully the cover song got postponed to Monday. Of course, he was always her first fan. A few days later, right after vijayadasami, it was date night. He picked her up from her location in his bike. She was thrilled. She grabbed the helmet from his hand, put it on and sat behind holding him tightly while he rode towards the beach. The found a quiet corner in the sand. They sat next to each other. She wrapped his arm and rested her head on his shoulder and, to the sound of the waves, she gently sang, "Sandhithome kanaakalil sila muraiya pala muraiya" and he looked into her eyes as if that was the only place he wanted to be in.

Brinda Subramanian