Gossip Mongers

**** This is just a fictional story. I am not responsible for the conclusions you make out of it. Please do not DM me asking for clarification. Like I have previously said, use your common sense.****

Lunch was delicious and both Ashwin and Sivaangi had eaten few extra spoons, which made them feel a bit lethargic. They decided to occupy either ends of the couch. Ashwin grabbed the remote and started flipping through channels aimlessly and Sivaangi decided to check out their hashtags on Twitter. She laughed out loud and said, "Arambichutaangala. Ashwiney ungala karuchu kottale na oru gumbal ku thookame varaadhu pola irukku. Daily pudusu pudusa kandu pudichu thittaraanga. Aana semma moolai ivangalukku. Ivanga ellam screen play ezhudina Padam super hit theriyuma?" she said, amused. Ashwin sighed.

Sivaangi looked at him when she did not get a response. When she saw his frowned eyebrows, she scooted close to him and said, "Feel pannariya Ashwiney?" He looked at her with a giggle and said, "Illaima indha story ya endha location la shoot pannina nalla irukkum nu yosichen" and they both laughed out loudly with his wrapping his arms around her, pulling her closer.

Ashwin's new music video had released. The heroine was unpopular among his fans for her previous behavior. Ashwin had been planning this MV for a while now and the team had roped in another lead. Unfortunately, after a week of rehearsal and two days before shoot the lead had backed out. They had already taken permission from the site to shoot, dancers had been given call sheet and the entire team was booked. It would be a huge loss to reschedule it all. They had to quickly find a replacement who was not only a good dancer but was willing to come in such short notice. The team did not have many options and had ended up with her. She was also Ashwin's previous co-star so there was some level of comfortability to work with her.

Ashwin knew that this music video would need a lot more promotion and it had to reach the right audience. He knew that his usual audience might not support this. The entire load was on his shoulders. The amusing part for both Sivaangi and Ashwin was the rumours shipping his with the co-star but Sivaangi wanted to know, so she asked, "Ashwiney Ungalukku varshama illiya? Ivvalo ungala ship pannaraaga but in a negative way. Neenga promotion ku pona kooda sethu vachu pesaraanga. Neengalum Naanum evvalo clues kuduthaalum madikka maatengaraanga. Pugazh Anna unga live la vandhum Neenga ennamo ennoda heart break pannina madiri pesaraanga. Ungalukku uncomfortable aa illiya?"

Ashwin turned towards her and asked, "Nee eppovavudhu enna pathi appidi nenachirukiya maa?" She smiled brightly and said, "Not at all. Neenga enkitta eppidi nadandhukareenga nu thaan enakku theriyume. I am not at all insecure about our relationship because I know how much I mean to you." Ashwin kissed her forehead and said, "Apparam yaaru enna sonna enna ma. Persaravanga pesikitte thaan irupaanga. Namba madi la ganam illai na namma yaarukku bayapadanum. I am doing my job. If people cannot see that then the problem is with them and their mentality. Avangalukkaaga naan marinen na avanga correct Naan thappu nu ayidum. My heart and soul is only for you and with you."

Sivaangi scooted closer to kiss his cheek saying, "Ama ennayum thaan poravan varavan kooda ellam ship pannaraanga. Idhellam paatha velai ku aagadhu Ashwiney. Thateetu poinde irukka vendiyadhu thaan. Seri dessert saapadlama? Nethu thaan chef kitta kathunden. Taste panni sollunga eppidi irukku nu."

They each settled with a bowl of the dessert.

Brinda Subramanian