Avalum Naanum

Ashwin rang the doorbell. Sivaangi was still getting ready and yelled, "Amma kadhava thora ma. Ashwin nu nenaikaren. Naan almost ready ayitten." She the click of the front door and her mom's voice saying, "Vaa Vaa ulla vaa Ashwin. Sivaangi ready ayindu irukka. Ippo vandhuduva. Nee ukkaru. Thanni kondu varen iru." Ashwin stepped in smiling, "Illai aunty thanni ella, vendaam naanga appidiye kelambarom." Just then Sivaangi appeared and, in her usual chirpy voice said, "Hiii Ashwineyy... ukkara ellam vendaam. Vaanga namma appidiye kelambuvom." Ashwin nodded and was eager to leave as well. Although Ashwin was a frequent visitor to Sivaangi's home, he always preferred spending time with her alone. Plus he was still a little awkward in front of her parents and would often not know what to do with the attention they gave him. So when Sivaangi suggested that they leave he quickly agreed.

As soon as he started his car and left the street, Sivaangi sighed with a smile, "Romba naal aana madiri irukku le Ashwineyy, namma meet panni, I mean." Ashwin immediately looked towards her, pouting, "Aamam maa Unna romba miss paninen. By the way, indha" he handed her a present. Her eyes widened, "Hiiiiii, giftu" then, with a beaming smile she looked up at him and said, "Enakka?" Ashwin rolled his eyes and said, "Illai unga amma ku. Pinna enna maa? Of course unakku thaan. Nee vera konja naal la Germany pora le so Kashmir lerndhu oru special gift." She smiled and excitedly asked, "Ippo open pannava?" He said, "Illai maa. Ippo vendaam nee veetukku poitu paaru." She nodded and placed it on her lap. They were quiet for a moment when Sivu suddenly said, "Ashwineyyy unga kitta oru vishayam solla marandhutten. Inniki Archana akka call paneerndhaanga. Avangaloda YouTube channel la Avalum Naanum nu oru show panittu irukaanga la? Adhula enna guest aa kooptaanga. Naanum ok solitten. Nalaanakki shoot." AK smiled, "That's nice. Avanga romba sweet actually. Naan vandhu rendu moonu vaati Zee Tamil program la guest aa ponapodhu en kitta romba paasama pesinaanga. She treated me nicely. Plus avanga indha matha channel aalunga madhiri thuruvi thuruvi kekka maatanga." Then he looked at her with worry and said, "Maa nee edhayavudhu olareedadhe maa, please." Sivu frowned at him, "Naan ellam olara maaten. Naan ippo ellam mundhi madiri illai theriyum la?" He nodded, "Ok ok but engeyavudhu stuck aane na yosikkara madiri panni time eduthukko, seri ya?" She smiled and said, "By the way, Neenga house warming ku vaangi kudutha green outfit a thaan inaugurate panna poren." His face lit up, "Super maa. Naan Unna studio lerndhu pick up panikkaren. We have our dinner date. Marandhudaadhe." She nodded and clapped in excitement, "Ama Ama I can't wait to go to indulgence. Also ange Nammakku privacy prachanai illai. Adhu oru periya relief. Shabbaaaa..."

He slowed down as they reached their favorite spot, the beach. AK and Sivu loved to park the car there, open the doors for the breeze to come in and talk sweet nothings. Of late, they had both been busy with work, travel etc so they were dying to spend time with each other as much as possible. When they were with each other, they forgot the entire world. They just wanted to show each other how important their time together was. Two days later, Sivaangi got ready in the beautiful outfit that AK had gifted her. She looked for matching earrings. She blow dried her hair. With minimal make up of moisturizer, sunscreen, foundation, eyeliner, lip gloss, lipstick and finally the tiny bindi, her look was all set. AK loved it when she wore a bindi so whenever she went out with him, she made sure she stuck one between her forehead. She sent him a quick selfie from the car and reached the studio a few minutes before schedule.

Archana greeted her with a warm hug, "Hello darling, eppidi irukeenga?" Sivu hugged her back saying, "Super aa irukken Akka, neenga? Aparam naan ungala vida romba chinna ponnu. Enna Neenga vaanga nu ellam solla vendaam ka." But Archana responded, "Appidi illai da. Nee ennoda vayasula chinna ponna irundha kooda you are a celebrity and a star so show la atleast naan mariyadhai yoda thaan pesanum. By the way, here are some topics I want to discuss with you. Are you ok with that?" Sivu looked through the script and said, "Ya kandippa. Naanum appidiye sila clarifications pannanum nenaikaren especially regarding my relationship with AK and shipping with Harsha etc. So oru kallula rendu maanga. Neenga kekkum bodhu naan sollikaren." Archana smiled and said, "Ok Appo shoot arambikkalama?"

They settled down and the shoot began. Archana introduced Sivaangi and her questions began, one of which was about her chemistry/ vibe with Sam, Ashwin, Sivakarthikeyan and Harsha. Sivaangi answered that very cleverly. She said that he had a good chemistry with all the men but also clarified that she was in good terms with her co-stars. She had acted only with Sivakarthikeyan (Don) and Harsha (MV). Then she proceeded to say that her chemistry will be compared to her future costars too. Next she volunteered to give information about her personal life by saying that she will definitely be married within the next 3-4 years, indicating that a plan was in place. Then she spoke about what it means to be in a relationship. The two people should yearn to want to be with each other. All external distractions should be put away and they should spend time speaking their hearts out to each other. These were very specific details that only someone who is totally in love and is knee deep in a relationship, would understand. Then when she was asked about the kind of partner she was looking for, Sivu knew she had to be careful about how to answer that without giving away but she did give away something. She said, "Naan idhellam munnadiye soleerken but enna thaangara madiri oruthar varanum, enna nalla purinjukanum." Although she had mentioned this point before, the ones that she had mentioned several times over the years were, "Avar 5.11 height irukanum, warm aa irukanum, ennoda veedu madiri irukanum. Naan stressed aa irukum podhu avara paatha ve seriayidanum." She just hinted for us to remember all those points. She just added on to her wish to travel with him. AK's recent travels were still fresh in people's memories. She also spoke about how sensitive she was and how easily she would get hurt. She specified though that she was working in overcoming those problems. The interview went well and once the director called cut, Archana walked Sivaangi out of her studio towards AK's car. He stepped out to wish Archana, who invited him too to be a guest on her show soon. Ashwin agreed to think about it and definitely reach back to her soon.

As the couple headed towards Indulgence, AK asked, "Eppidi maa pochu? Nee edhuvum olaraliye?" She smiled naughtily and said, "Olaravendiya alavukku olareeken. Purinjavanga purinjupaanga." Rest of the evening was delightful and truly indulging.

Brinda Subramanian