Munumunukura Muthamma

Sivaangi woke up grumpy. She had not slept all night. It was Teju's wedding today and she had to attend. Not just because it was Teju's wedding but because she was getting married to one of her close Annan's and there was no way she couldn't be there. Darshan and Teju had dated for two years and had finally decided to tie the knot. Sivu was very happy for both of them but she knew he will be attending the wedding too. She didn't want to see him, not because she didn't like him but because she was so much in love with him that once glance at him might melt her heart. She knew he had done it for her and that made her even more mad. How can he be right?

One beautiful evening in March 2023:

Ashwin's second movie had done reasonably well in the box office and was critically acclaimed. People noticed that in the hands of a good director, he could perform well. I was a much needed acceptance for Ashwin. This movie was very important for him because this is what decided his destiny in the industry. Good offers started coming his way and finally people were starting to forgive him for his disastrous debut movie audio launch speech.

However, today was going to be another test. He was meeting the love of his life and tell her something that was not going to make her happy. He sat at the corner table in the coffee shot in deep thoughts when he heard the chirpy "hiiii" that immediately brought a smile to his frowning face. He laughed and said, "hi maa" and waved at the server to bring the hot chocolate and brownie now. Then Ashwin looked lovingly at the most gorgeous woman in front of him. Sivaangi had the most mesmerizing eyes and she smiled from her heart. He couldn't help but get lost in her eyes.

The server interrupted his thoughts with the order and quickly left the table getting the cue that they wanted to be left alone. Sivaangi took a bite of the brownie and closed her eyes with a "hmmm.... Wow super aa irukku Ashwineyyy. Taste pannunga." He smiled and cleared his throat, " Illa maa nee saapdu. Theriyum la I am on diet and cannot have sweets." She replied saying, "Ayyo miss pannareenga theriyuma. Seri, Edhukku vara soneenga? Naan sonnadhu ok va? Kalyanam pannikalama?"

He cleared his throat and held her hands, "Sivaangi maa, you know how much I love you right? You mean the world to me and you will always be the most important person in my life. Ippo naan solla pordhu unakku pudikkaama irukalaam but I am saying this with your best interest in mind." Sivaangi stopped eating her brownie, took a sip of the hot chocolate and frowned. She was already not liking the sound of this but in a stern voice said, "hmm sollunga."

Ashwin continued, "Sivaangi maa, you are an extremely talented girl and a rare find. You are not just a singer. You are so full of talents. You dance like a dream. You are on fire when you perform on stage. The music video of mine that you sang for is a rage. You are finally being approached by big music directors." Sivaangi interrupted him and said, "Adhellam enakkum theriyum Neenga Enna solla vareenga adha direct aa sollunga". She pulled her hands away from his grasp. Ashwin continued, "Maa kochukaadhe maa. You know that I am dying to be married to you and have my own family. Romba varsham thaniya irundhutten but ippo naan Unna kalyanam paninden na ennoda selfish aa oru person irukka mudiyadhu. Before falling in love with you, I first am a fan. I, as a fan, want to see you grow. As a well wisher I want the world to see all your hidden talent. I don't want to bog you down with responsibility." Sivaangi's eyes were red and tears were threatening to run down her cheeks but she held on to it and in a choking voice said, "So does this mean you are breaking up with me?" Ashwin immediately moved his chair forward and reached for her cheeks, "No no no.... You are the best thing that has happened in my life. I want you to fly high. I want you to explore what is in store for you and give us both the time to be absolutely ready for marriage. You are still young."

Tears now trembled down her cheeks. She grabbed a napkin, wiped her tears and sniffled. She looked up at him and said, "Ok Mr. Ashwin Kumar, if that's your decision you hear my decision too. You let go off me in a coffee shop so unless you propose to me in front of the world I will not marry you." She stormed out of the coffee shop. Ashwin smiled at his gorgeous woman but did not expect her to be so determined.

It had been over a year since that meet up and she had become one of the most sought after singer. She had travelled to many countries for concerts, several hit songs but not once had she called him or spoken to him. Ashwin had missed her immensely but he knew he had done the right thing.

September 2024: Reception venue

Sivaangi looked gorgeous in a gold lehenga. Hair and make up beautifully done. Teju and Darshan had decided to keep it low with very close friends and family. It was a beautiful evening and Rinas venue was gorgeously decorated. The guests were all arriving one by one. Sivaangi was thrilled to meet all her brothers there. All of them had been busy and had not had the chance to catch up. She kept glancing around for that one familiar face but she could not find him anywhere. She slowly whispered to Teju, "Avar varaliya?" Teju pretended like she didn't know what Sivu was saying and asked, "Yaaru? Nee yaarayavudhu edhir paakariya?" Sivu quickly nodded saying, "Illai illai onnum illai." Just then DJ Gowtham started to play a song and Sivu's heart stopped. The song went, "Adiye Adiye en kutti pattasey". She turned around to see the extremely charming Ashwin walking towards her with a beautiful red rose and his gorgeous smile. Her heart skipped a beat. She just wanted to run towards him but she turned around and tried to walk away when he danced to the song and held her hands. He signaled the DJ to stop. When Sivu turned around he was already on his knees and he said, "ennoda munumunukura muthamma Unna naan miss pannardha second e illai indh 1 1/2 years la. Unna nenacha romba romba perumaiya irukku. Ippo ellarukkum nera kekaran enna kalyanam pannipiya? Idhukku mela oru second kooda nee illama ennala irukka mudiyadhu." Then with a puppy face he said, "please". She quickly hugged him with happy tears. Then she slapped him on his cheek and said, "I hate you for being right and I hate that I love you so much and I hate it that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Ashwin quickly slipped the beautiful ring in her finger. He cupped her face, looked into her eyes and said, "Sivu maa you were, are and will always be the love of my life."

Like any beautiful fairy tale they too lived happily ever after.