Happy Valentine Day

Ashwin was an immensely romantic boyfriend but Sivaangi was a dreamer. She loved being wooed and Ashwin loved showing her how important she was in his life. Other than being her support system professionally, he wanted her to see what a hopeless lover her was. The past three years he had focused on introducing her to her own self. He had made her understand that she was a gorgeous young woman who needed to be treated with respect. It had not been easy. In order for her to fight her battles outside, she had to first fight the battle within. He had to make her realize that she was worth the world.

Sivaangi was an extremely talented girl but she was broken within. People had somehow convinced her to believe that she wasn't beautiful so she quickly held on to the "Tom boy" persona. When she was teased about her walk she claimed it to be "the rowdy walk". After a point, she started making fun of herself. It was a form of saving herself from being hurt. All this became her reality until he came into her life 3 years ago. He magically fell for her the instant they met. He had been hurt way too often to recognize that in her. She, with her kindness, had broken his shell. He wore the shell of an introvert. He was protecting himself too. He had the good looks but realized that people either fell for his looks or money. People assumed he was arrogant without even trying to know him. His outer appearance never scared her. She was curious and non judge mental. For the first time he met a girl as genuine and as giving as her and he organically responded to her true and genuine love. She proclaimed in front of the whole world that she had a crush on him. To her, she had nothing to loose. She wasn't expecting him to reciprocate. She knew he was way too good looking. People around her convinced her that she should have not hopes. Holding hopes will only break her heart. How could a hero like him ever love a girl like her, right?

Wrong. He fell head over heels in love with her. He saw her as the most gorgeous woman on earth. He saw her as the most desirable woman. He saw her as the most talented woman. All he had to do is to make her see that. It wasn't easy but he wasn't someone who would give up so easily and definitely not on her. It was a slow process. Breaking someone's insecurities is a difficult process.

The process of self love is extremely painful because one needs to rekindle the reasons behind the insecurity and relive it in order to destroy it. It is like fighting one demon at a time. The first one was for her to trust him and understand that her will stand by her, no matter what. Then to change all the familiar things about her such as people around you who put you down, bring about changes to one's lifestyle such as getting into a work out regime and strengthen yourself physically. Then learn to carry yourself in style so people see you the way you see yourself. Changing people's perception about you and last but most importantly keeping your personal life private. It is a natural thing for people to respect you when you set boundaries.

While he stood by her as she became a strong woman, he never failed to shower her with love. During her entire season as a cook, he showed his support every week with stories before her episode aired but after she came out of the show with flying colors, he stood outside routing for her. Also he always showed his support before her big concerts. His "Guruve thunai" right before her first concert with Shankar Mahadevan, his temple story right before her flight to Canada, his indirect wishes right before her behindwoods performance, his stories right before Yuvan concerts, are all little samples and most recently when she went into the Bigg Boss house to perform.

He also continued to show her what a hopeless romantic he was and how smitten he was by her love. He wooed her with a reel of "Haiyoda" the same version of the song that she used, clearly proclaiming his love for her. Again he used the song when she was abroad for a concert and teased him with a story of a bathtub. Their matching outfits couldn't be clearer but his presence with "their" CWC family members only showed that they were all still family. With Valentine's Day getting closer, he first changed his DP to match with hers, mind you, he picked a pick taken over a year ago. Teddy Day was her concert day too. Just a few minutes before she was going to appear on stage, he posted a pic taken during his recent Dubai visit. His arms wrapped around a cute teddy in purple he said "Always better together" only for her to set the stage of fire.

Valentines Day 2024 began with her posting a story with a naughty face, wishing all the lovers, only for his to show up in a pink shirt wishing happy Valentine's Day with the sticker or a post card (Love letter). The bgm was "Malargale Malargale" song from the movie Love Birds. It was not mere coincidence that she was on her way for an upcoming concert with Hariharan sir, the same person who is the original singer of the bgm used. Pink means proposal accepted and she did respond a little later with a post in her yellow and pink outfit with the bgm "Love Letter".

What is love? Love is when you prioritize your partner. Love is unconditional and Love continues to live long after the boredom of seeing the same person over and over again. In spite of all that, if you still yearn to be with that one person and want to spend the rest of you life with that person, then that's indeed true love and people who shower you with that are keepers. Love is respect, trust and unconditional. It is rare to find so if you have it, consider yourself to be the richest person alive.

Brinda Subramanian

I understand that there might be people here who would disagree with everything I say and might want to express their hatred on the comment section. I will delete comments that are hateful and disrespectful. Just letting you know in advance. Please spread love. It is the easiest thing to do. You do not have to like them but do not spew venom. Karma is a boomerang.