Fake-u Bake-u

Ashwin grabbed a corner seat at the cafe at the food court of the mall. He wore a hoodie and a mask which did the job of hiding his identity. He was getting anxious. Just then the message on his smartwatch blinked bringing a smile to his face. It said, "Almost there. 5 mins." Ashwin had not seen Sivaangi is almost 10 days. She had been extremely busy with the concert, CWC, practice and to add on to her already busy schedule, she was asked to participate in Super Singer celebration as well. He missed her terribly and was looking forward to spending some quality time.

He heard her chirpy "Hiii" and a tap on his shoulder. He removed his mask and looked up smiling but his expression changed immediately. The person next to her extended his hand out and said, "Hello, I am Harshavardhan. Harsha nu koopadalaam. Nice to meet you. Ungala munaadi paathirukken Sivu kooda but formal aa meet panardhu ippo thaan." Ashwin reluctantly shook hands with a fake smile while Harsha continued, "Sivu vaarthai ku vaarthai ungala pathi thaan solluva. Sila time tongue slip aagi ennaye Ashwineyy nu koopuduva. Anyway, nice to meet you." Ashwin nodded and said, "Oh Appidiya. Nice to meet you as well. Thanks for dropping her." Sivu glared at Ashwin. Then she looked at Harsha and said, "Dei ukkaru daa. Edhavudhu saapadriya?" Harsha nodded and said, "Illai maa. Ajith a meet pannaren. Naan rest room poitu appidiye kelambaren. I will catch up with you later about that project. Seri ya. Ok Ashwin Anna. Bye" and he patted her head before leaving.

As soon as he left Ashwin said, "Naan thaan Unna pick up pannaren nu sonnen la? Apparam edhukku Ivan kooda vandhe? Ivana nenachale kadupaagudhu maa. Idhula avan Unna "Maa" nu vera sollaraan." Sivu wrapped her arms around her stomach and glared at him, "Avan ungala enna paninaan paavam? Ithunoondu babies aa irundhadhu lerndhu Avan enakku friend. Yen ippidi irukeenga? Ungala paaka aasa aasaiya vandha ippidi thaan pannuveengala? Avan epidiyum indha side thaan varennu sonaan adhu naala thaan drop panna sonnen" and she turned her face away. Ashwin loved the angry Sivu. She looked so adorable but he hated that she looked away from him. He immediately apologized saying, "Seri seri sorry. Adhu ennavo appappo andha possessive Ashwin etti paakaran Harsha pera kettave. Unmaiya sollanumna Avan azhaga irukkan, semma talented vera adhu thaan oru insecurity. Sorry Kutty maa. En chella kutty thaane kochukaadhe please" and he tried to grab her hand which she pulled away, "Naan unga mela uyire vachiruken nu therinjum yen insecurity? En mela nambikkai illiya?" He immediately grabbed her hand, which she let him, this time, and said, "un mela muzhu nambikka irukku maa aana indha vayasu pasangala namba mudiyadhu maa." She made a puppy face and asked, "Appo neengalum vayasu paiyan thaane? Neengalum ippidi thaana?" He urgently answered, "Ayayo naan ramar madiri. Nee mattum thaan en seethai." She teased him smiling, "Endha Ramar? Namba Vijay TV la comedy pannuvaarey avara?" and she laughed out loud. He sighed, "Enna kalaaika arambichutiya? Ippo sandoshama? Seri seri namba smoothie vaangittu en veetukku polaam." They quickly ordered one island green smoothie for him and a mixed fruit smoothie for her with no sugar.

In a few minutes the got in his car and started driving to his home. That's when Sivu to,d him about the Fake ID's roaming around on SM. "Ashwineyyy unga atrocities enniki arambichudho anni lerndhu neraya Fake accounts vandhirukku theriyuma. Onnu rendu pera Naane ennoda Fake account lerndhu follow pannaren. Semma entertaining Ashwineyy. Especially ungala vachu seiyaraanga" and she laughed. He was shocked, "Enna ma sirikkirey? Enna pannaraanga maa? Ayayo." She touched his hand gently and said, " Ada Ashwineyyy ungala ellaru koodayum ship pannaraanga. Neenga QA la all costars are my friends nu soliteenga le? Adhu naala sila arivu jeevinga enna pannaraanga naa vera endha female a Neenga follow pannareenga nu paathu avangaloda korthu vidaraanga. Poorti akka oda." Ashwin was shocked, "Ennadhu Poorti ya? Ayo avanga enakke akka vaache?" She laughed even harder seeing his expression, "Ayo daily oru story kondu varaanga. Aana namba fans romba paavam Ashwineyy. Naanum neraya vaati indirect aa solitten naanga sollardhu mattum kelunga nu but sila peru ella fake ID's sollardhayum nambikittu irukaanga. Paavam. Naan vandhe ellarayum onnu annan aakuven illati friend zone pannuven, ungala thavira. Neengalum costars ellarayum friend zone panittenga. Namba seekiram official aakiduvom but adhuvaraikkum" she pretended to have a mic in hand and like an announcer, she said, "Makkale kanda loose sollardha ellam nambaadheenga, haters and negative people a avoid pannunga, ellarum unga friend kedayadhu. Enga peru enga pic vachavan ellam enga fan kedayadhu. So makkaley be careful and kadavul setting a mattum gavaninga. Naanga neraya clues tharom, kanna thorandhu paarunga ok." Ashwin couldn't help admiring her cuteness by which time they reached his house and the had complete privacy.

As soon as he closed the door behind them he pulled her for a hug. Then he kissed her forhead, her eyes and closely whispered in her ears, "Ennoda birthday gift enge?" She blushed and parted her lips for him to take control of it.

Brinda Subramanian