8.

a/n: thank you guys for 1k on here! I hope you guys are still liking the story!

The sun was starting to peek through the hotel curtains. Stella slept on her side, facing the window. The comforter consumed her body and gave her a heap of warmth. Her head rested softly on the fluffy pillow.

She'd been used to uncomfortable mattresses in Boston- living alone in the dinky apartment. Even at her parents house, she still slept in her old bed, and none were as comfortable as the bed she was in now.

The only thing that was interrupting the quiet morning... was the sound of yelling in the bathroom. Her eyes fluttered open, peering over her shoulder at the door. She noticed that Hannah's bed was empty.

She never woke up this early.

Stella sat up in bed, rubbing her knotted chestnut hair. She let out a yawn. A thud from the bathroom made her flinch. She quickly threw the covers off her body, inching closer to the door in order to eavesdrop.

"You're being ridiculous, Christian." Stella heard her friend scoff out a bitter laugh.

She could hear her brother talking in a low voice. He sounded angry. "You're the one hanging out with your ex! Sitting with Hunter in the stands, while I have to be on the field... no wonder the tabloids are going nuts!"

Stella furrowed her brows, realizing the two were arguing. Their words echoed off the tile floors and sounded more dramatic than normal.

"He's my friend! I'm sorry not all my relationships ended so poorly like yours."

Christian was silent for a moment. "How would you feel if you saw me with my ex?"

Hannah sounded hesitant. "I wouldn't like it."

"Then why are you making me go through it every day?"

"You sound like I'm torturing you." Hannah sounded like she was rolling her eyes. "Grow up, Chris. Hunter came because I had invited him, but I only like you. No one else."

Stella backed away, moving towards the front door as she heard silence from the bathroom. She didn't want her best-friend and brother knowing she had listened to their dispute. Stella stepped into the hallway, running straight into Gio.

He wrapped his arms around her, so she wouldn't tumble over. The door slammed behind them, making Stella close her eyes tight. She hoped Hannah and Christian didn't hear.

"Going somewhere?" Gio chuckled, looking down at her. His hands were still on her waist as she looked into his brown eyes.

Stella felt her heart thud faster. "H-hey G."

He let her go, leaving her wanting his warmth again. "H-hey S."

Stella rolled her eyes, chuckling. "Can we go downstairs before Hannah and my brother yell at me?"

"Why would they-"

"Stella!"

Stella jumped as the door flew open. She clung to Gio's arm, gripping it like a scared child. She looked at Hannah as she stood in her nightgown with her arms crossed. Christian stood behind her with narrow eyes.

"Were you listening to us?" Her brother tapped the door with his fingers.

"N-No." Stella forced a laugh, earning a stifled laugh from Gio. "I didn't even know you guys were in there."

"Really?" Hannah nodded slowly.

"Oh c'mon." Gio groaned, throwing an arm over Stella's shoulder. "I could hear you two arguing from out here. It's not her fault you two suck at relationships."