75.

The boys got back an hour later. Hannah didn't come out of the shared room... and Stella guessed it was because she truly fell asleep. It'd been a long day for everyone. Lauren and Marie were probably sleeping too. Weston had gone back to his room after a tea-session about Christian. Devyn and Scarlett were still chatting behind closed doors. Stella peeked her head around the corner, glancing down the staircase. Chatter filled her ears. She watched as Hunter greeted his dad, but he looked off, almost like he needed to throw-up. He darted upstairs and shot Stella a frown.

"I don't think the steak sat well with me."

Stella raised a curious brow. "But Tara sat perfectly fine didn't she?"

Hunter froze, his back to her. He didn't turn around. He just twisted the knob of the door gently, slipping in before anyone else could intercept. Stella chuckled to herself, feeling a bit smug about her comment. Christian is next up the stairs, looking just as proud of himself.

"What's up with you?" Stella punched her brother on the shoulder.

He ran a hand through his floppy brown hair. "You'll find out soon enough."

"Did anything else happen at dinner? You know, with Hunter and Tara?"

"No." Christian grinned, side-grinning like he did as a devious child. "And I don't think anything else will."

"You're being very mysterious, Cap."

"All in good time." Christian finally rounds the corner to his room. "All in good time, Stell."

Stella furrowed her brows, wondering what he was up too. The other boys trickled in- most of Hunter's friends. Jules and Ryder made their way over to Stella. Jules smelled like tobacco and alcohol, with a mix of mahogany wood. "Awe, you waited up for me sweetheart?"

"She's not your sweetheart." Gio said from the bottom of the stairs.

Jules glanced over his shoulder, narrowing his eyes. He paused for a moment, then burst into chuckles. "I'll be across the hall if you need me, hon."

Ryder threw his hands up in defense. "Let me guess, 'she won't need you' right?"

Gio crossed his arms. "Whatever."

Jules patted Stella on her shoulder before disappearing into his room. Ryder did the same. Gio slowly made his way to Stella. He stood a few inches away, pressing his back against the wall across from her. He looked sweaty- mostly his dark hair. His dress shirt stuck to his skin. The lights in the hallway were dim. "You all have fun?"

"Yeah." Stella whispered. "For the most part."

"Tara." Gio muttered, already knowing the reason. "Yeah, I don't know what to think about that."

"Me neither." Stella shrugged. "But I tried to talk to Hannah..."

"She didn't listen?"

"I think she did but... it's complicated."

Gio blew out some air, chuckling sadly. "Isn't everything."

"Yeah." Stella felt the tension between them thicken. "Listen Gio..."

"Stella..."

They both looked at each other. Stella blushed. Gio rubbed the back of his neck. "Um, can we talk?"

Stella gulped, remembering what Weston had told her. 'But can he picture someone else? He kissed Chloe... while he was with you. He dated Chloe after she kissed Christian. It's not a coincidence, Stella'

She chewed on her lip, shaking her head. "I'm sorry Gio, but not tonight."

He furrowed his brows in concern. "Why not?"