33.

March 7, 2023
London, England

Stella arrived in the blue burrow before the Dortmund team. It was nearly 2 p.m, and the game didn't start for another couple of hours. She pulled Gio's car, a black hummer, into the fancy hotel parking lot. Hannah had sent her the address where she was staying, so they could meet up before the match.

Stella wondered if her best friend was still having brunch with Christian. And her mind wandered to what exactly they'd be talking about. Her phone buzzed, bringing her out of those strange thoughts.

Hannah 💖
Are you here yet? I just got back to the hotel.

Stella perked up, looking around the lot in an attempt to catch Hannah before she walked through the lobby. Luckily, she was strolling with a couple shopping bags hanging from her arm, which steadily slowed her pace. She was wearing a beautiful ruby colored sweater with a pair of white shorts and matching heels.

Always stylish.

Stella jumped out the hummer, grabbing her phone and keys before closing the door.

"Han!" Stella bellowed as best she could. Her shaky voice echoed through the mid-afternoon air, causing her best friend to turn around with a smile on her lips.

"Stell!" She pitter-pattered her feet in place, sticking her arms out for a hug. Stella jogged over, meeting her under the valet parking deck. The two embraced, hugging each others necks and practically jumping with joy. "It's so good to see you! I've missed you, bitch!"

Stella chuckled, melting into the familiar friendship. "I missed you too, bitch!"

Hannah left her arm around her friend's shoulder, leading them inside the swanky lobby. They made small talk on their trip to the elevator, waiting to be out of earshot for the real gossip. The metal doors slid open and they hopped in, turning to each other with large grins.

"Tell me everything." They both said at once, earning a fit of giggles between the both of them.

"You first!" Hannah clapped her hands as the elevator started moving. "Have you slept with my cousin yet?"

"Hannah!" Stella gasped, slapping her friend on the arm. She could feel her cheeks turning bright crimson. "You can't just start with that!?"

"Why not!?" Hannah groaned and crossed her arms. "You've been with him for two months! There had to have been some action, right?"

Stella rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly. A loud ding broke the silence, allowing her to flee the tension-filled room. She felt the cool air conditioning radiating in the hallway. Hannah followed after her, taking lead as she showed Stella to her room.

"Well, not exactly." Stella finally answered. "We just haven't had the time."

"Bullshit." Hannah rolled her eyes. "You guys should've made it around home base several times by now and you haven't even made it to first."

"We have too." Stella grumbled, "First base is just kissing and I can tell you, we've done plenty of that."

"Gross." Hannah shivered, taking out her key card as they rounded the corner door.

Stella shook her head in distaste. "You're the one who asked me if I had sex with your cousin!"

"Huh?" Hannah furrowed her brows. "Get your head out of the gutter! I asked if you slept with him. Jeez, Stell. Christian should be worried."

Stella shoved her friend. Hannah snickered, pressing her key against the lock reader. The hotel door unlocked and the two filed into the room. There was a a small kitchen with a fridge and microwave right beside the entryway.