20.

The sky was bright orange, mixing with hues of pink and baby blue. The clouds were thin and whisked across the sky like a painting. Stella listened to the waves crashing on the shore. She trudged through the sand, letting the wind wrap around her crossed arms. She let out a breath of air and found herself beside Christian.

He sat near the water, with his knees tucked under his scabbed chin. Her eyes met his bruised face- cuts lining his eyebrow and down the side of his face, and the swelling looked like a bee had stung him. Stella clenched her jaw, sitting beside him. He shifted his weight, staring at the ocean like it was an abyss. She didn't say anything right away. They sat in silence and enjoyed the view.

"Chris-" She finally spoke in a whisper.

But he interrupted, closing his eyes. "I know, Stell."

She tucked in her lips, nodding slowly. "I'm not here to scold you."

Christian opened his black eye. It looked irritated and the blood was drying. "But you're here to talk about what happened today, aren't you?"

"Only if you want." Stella shrugged, changing her legs to sit criss-crossed.

His white button-up was bloody too, mostly on the collar. He wiped some off before turning to her. She could tell he was scared... his brows knitted together in nerves, and his lip chewed on from stress. Christian clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth. "It should've been me. I should've been asking her."

She shook her head, nodding in agreement. "I'm sorry..."

Christian glanced at the ocean, letting a tear slip down his cheek. "So now, Hannah is engaged... to Hunter."

Stella stared at the ocean, following her brothers gaze. "It was a tough day, for all of us."

She thought back on the day, letting out a sigh.

"Wake your ass up!" Hannah yelled at her, throwing a pillow over her face.

Stella let out a groan, turning on her side. "Good morning to you too."

"We have plans today, ma'am." Hannah smirked.

She was already dressed- and in really nice clothes for just brunch. The parents had organized a food date with everyone, considering they had all been doing their own thing for the first couple of days in Jupiter. But, Hannah was wearing a beautiful ruby red dress that went to her ankles. It was a sundress, but not the casual ones she could've had on. Stella threw the pillow back at her with a chuckle.

"Who're you trying to impress? The president?"

"Daddy Biden doesn't need any impressing."

Stella laughed with her face twisted in disgust. "That's nasty."

Hannah shrugged, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Brunch is in 30 minutes."

"I'm aware." Stella stuck out her tongue.

Hannah flicked her off with a chuckle. "What are you wearing?"

Stella sat up, throwing the covers off her warm body. "Nothing as nice as you, that's for sure."

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes. "Maybe I just want to look nice."

Stella eyed her, crossing the room to her closet. "For Hunter or Chris?"

Hannah blushed, soft at first before she turned annoyed. "Is it even a question?"

Stella shrugged, biting her lip. "Anyway, I think i'm just going to wear shorts and a nice blouse."

"I wonder what Gio is gonna wear?" Hannah looked very intrigued.