18.

stellapulisic
15 min ago

stellapulisic 15 min ago

hannahreyna
13 min ago

"Hannah!" Stella groaned, feeling deja vu as she gaped at the instagram story

Her best friend giggled, sipping her iced coffee. She pushed her dark sunglasses towards the tip of her nose, peering over the rims with a mischevious grin. "What? It could mean anything!"

Stella eyed her with a grimace. She tugged her blue baseball cap lower, walking past a group of people near the mall. "I should've kept it to myself."

"I think the fuck not." Hannah gasped, placing a hand on her heart. A Pandora bag hung on her wrist, twirling with each step. "You kissed my cousin! You guys confessed your undying love-"

"Don't be dramatic." Stella rolled her chestnut eyes. She had left a few details out of the story, not wanting to tell Hannah about her traumatic past in one fell swoop. But, her friend seemed more relieved than shocked about the news. "It was cute though."

Hannah forced a gag, earning a punch from Stella. "Now you know how I felt with Christian."

Her friend shrugged, "Well you don't have to worry about that anymore."

They continued walking towards the beach-side restaurant. It was only around brunch time- 11:00a.m. but the two girls were starving. The coffee wasn't helping much either. Stella rubbed the back of her neck, "Apparently. You know, with Hunter giving you his credit card and what not."

Hannah smirked. "We're not talking about me! We're talking about you. So you two are dating now, right?"

Stella froze, thinking back on the night before. They walked a little longer on the beach, holding hands and talking, before they went back to Devyn's house. But boyfriend and girlfriend were never exchanged. She glanced at her friend, rubbing her temple. "Um-"

Hannah furrowed her brows together. "Did he ask you out?"

"No..." Stella felt her heart drop.

"Did you ask him out?" Hannah had completely stopped walking, staring at Stella in awe.

"No."

"Stella!" Hannah whined, turning away from her friend in a wave of disapointment. "So you guys kissed and didn't even address dating?"

Stella sighed, shaking her head. She thought about the kiss, how romantic it had been under the moonlight. How safe she felt in his arms after bearing the ugly truth and hearing his side. She had felt confident enough to tell him everything, but couldn't even ask if they were an item. Stella felt her shoulders sinking, feeling like she was back at square one. "When you put it like that..."

"Yeah, yeah." Hannah waved a dismissive hand. "You two suck."

"It's not like you or Hunter said anything either?" Stella pointed out with a tug on her shoulder. "You just started hanging out with him."

"That's different." Hannah shrugged her off as they continued walking towards the gravel parking lot. "I dated Hunter before."

Stella bit her lip, thinking. "Should I say something?"

"I say wait and see what he does. Maybe he'll actually be a man for once." Hannah rolled her eyes. "Plus, he's propbably gossiping to the boys as we speak. Poor Jules. Bet he's heartbroken."

"Shut up." Stella sighed, shoving her friend. They walked up the steps of the restaurant, telling the hostess there were two. They followed the girl to a table in the back, slipping into the booth. She situated herself, leaning against the window as Hannah took off her shades.

"Could've been in-laws."

Stella looked down at her hands, feeling somewhat sad. She knew Hunter made her friend happier, but she hoped Christian would win in the end. "Could've been sister-in-laws."

Hannah swiped her nose, looking out at the beach. "Yeah, past tense."

"You don't want to go back to him at all?"

Hannah locked her jaw. "I thought you were on my side."

"I am." Stella threw her hands up defensively. "But Chris is my brother. And I can whole heartedly say he loves you. Undying love."

She looked like she was reminiscing in her mind. But she shook her head and jumped back into reality when the waiter stopped by for their drink orders. The two of them ordered a pitcher of mango margarita- it was never too early to drink on island time. Hannah didn't go back to the topic. Stella let it go and continued gossiping while a part of her thoughts wandered to Gio.