83.

The hallway echoed with cheesy music from the slot machines in the casino below. There was soft jazz playing over the speakers for the hotel guests, but the tune was overpowered by Las Vegas lifestyle. For Stella though, she felt like the work around her was completely silent. She stared at her brother, who was holding onto Hannah's arm like if he let go he'd lose her again. Maybe he was reeling from the words she just uttered.

Stella sure was.

She gulped down a big ball of saliva and felt how dry her throat was. A nervous dry. This- Hunter's affair changed everything. But why didn't Christian say something sooner? He wanted the perfect timing? Would Hannah appreciate that? Stella felt clammy, like she was waking up from a nightmare.

"You..." Christian's lip quivered. He stared at his ex-girlfriend and love of his life with a longing Stella had never seen before. For a split second, she wondered if Gio would ever look at her like that. She shook her head, coming back into focus. Her brother's caramel toffee eyes flickered between Hannah's- searching for the truth in her words. "You... y-you still love me, princess?"

"I never stopped." Hannah whispered under her breath. She sounded like if she spoke too loud, the world would collapse... and maybe it would. She chewed her bottom lip, in deep thought as she always did, the anger still boiling inside her gut. "Hunter cheated on me."

Christian paused, glancing at Stella and Devyn. His eyes were filled to the brim with water. At any second, a salty tear would slip down his cheek. He looked over his shoulder at Jules, who was pale in the face. He turned back to Hannah and engulfed her in a hug, wrapping his arms around her back like they were a perfect puzzle piece. "He made you..."

Hannah's jaw tightened.

Stella furrowed her brows. What was Christian talking about. Hunter made Hannah do a lot of things. Exactly which one was he talking about. And why did it matter now?

Hannah shook her head quickly into his chest. "I couldn't tell you guys. I-I-It was too much."

"Couldn't tell us what?" Stella spoke, glancing at Jules for clarification.

Jules stepped around Christian and Hannah, who were still holding tight to each other- not yet crossing the forbidden line of kissing, but close to it. There was still plenty to be done. But the two of them seemed like they were trying to climb into each other's skin. Close was not close enough after the time they'd been apart. Jules grabbed Stella by her elbow, causing Devyn to glance between them, worried. "Stella... maybe we should give them a second."

"What? What did Hunter make Hannah do? You knew something and didn't tell me?" Stella felt a sting of hurt. She thought Jules would make an effort to talk to Stella about Hannah. If something bad had happened... wouldn't he have stepped up? Jules wasn't a bad guy, just a playboy.

"No, Jules-" Hannah turned towards the trio, slipping her hand into Christian's. "I have something to tell you."

"What's going on?" Gio's voice boomed. Stella, nor anyone else, had noticed that him and some of the other U.S boys were standing with confused expressions. Gio's eyes fell straight on Jules' hand. Stella quickly stepped away, not that it mattered, but for some reason she didn't want Gio to get the wrong idea.

"Hannah, you look pale." Weston was wearing his pool attire and a towel draped across his chest. "Are you okay? Chris, you good?"

"I have something to say." Hannah glanced around at the faces staring back at hr with concern. Brenden and Ricardo tried to peer at Stella, silently asking about what was happening.

Stella clenched her jaw. "Let's go inside a room."

"Wait... whatever this is, you don't want Hunter to hear is that it?" Ricardo furrowed his brows. "Did I miss a chapter? And why is Chris..."