9.

Stella found herself sitting with Avery again. She was sitting in Devyn's room, playing with her niece on the bed. The sheets and blankets were tucked around Avery, so she could move around in safety. But, Stella was already keeping an eye on her, while making funny faces that Avery loved.

Brazil vs. Cameroon was on the flat screen. Austin stood in front of the television with his arms crossed, looking intently at the score. He shook his head in disbelief.

"Brazil is losing..."

Stella glanced at the screen and raised her brows. "That's new."

"No it's not." Devyn called from the bathroom. "Remember Germany?"

Austin laughed at his wife, turning over his shoulder to pass her a smile. "Ouch, babe."

Avery's tiny fingers squeezed onto Stella. She looked down at the adorable baby and kissed the top of her head. "What restaurant are you guys going too?"

"It's a surprise... apparently." Devyn groaned, peeking her head around the corner.

Her dirty blonde hair was tied back into a long fishtail braid, with some strands sticking out. She was halfway done with her makeup, adding color to her brows. And she was dressed in a pair of blue bell bottoms and a white v-neck. Simple, but Devyn always knew how to look beautiful no matter what she was wearing.

"I have everything planned." Austin clapped his hands like a Home Depot dad. "It's gonna be great, babe."

"I believe you." Devyn sighed, stepping out of the bathroom to kiss him on the cheek. She cocked her head to the side and smiled at Stella and Avery. "Are you sure you're okay watching her?"

"Dee- I'm one hundred percent sure." Stella laughed, picking up Avery's arm in her hand. She waved it at her sister, making Devyn chuckle.

"And you can always call-"

"Devyn." Stella groaned. "I can grab mom and dad if need be, but I think you forget my years of babysitting in high school. Go enjoy your night out."

A knock erupted against the door. Austin jogged over, opening it in a swift motion. Christian and Gio stood in the hallway in their casual clothes. Gio peered past Austin, connecting his gaze with Stella. Her cheeks turned pink as she returned a smile to the footballer.

"Wow, you invite her over and not me?" Christian gasped like a child, putting a hand against his heart. "How rude."

"You could've come over sooner." Devyn shrugged her shoulders.

The boys stepped in the room, chuckling. Gio made his way over to Stella, sitting next to her on the bed. She felt his arm snake around her waist as he side-hugged her. Stella leaned into him, smelling his Hugo Boss cologne.

"Hey." Gio whispered, with his voice sounding as smooth as honey.

"Hey." Stella tried not to waver in her confidence. "You look nice."

Gio grinned, glancing at his outfit: a pair of Nike sneakers, black shorts, and a light blue button up with the sleeves rolled to his elbows. Stella realized that she didn't look nearly as good with her black leggings, oversized Pink Floyd tee shirt, and her dirty white shoes.

She mentally cursed herself for not wearing an outfit that looked a bit fancier, but when she offered to watch Avery, she knew there might be a chance of getting messy.

"You look cute." Gio touched the edge of her sleeve. "Comfy."

Stella wanted to sigh. She looked... comfy cute. Stella tugged on a smile. "Guess where I got it."