44.

stellapulisic
10 min ago

stellapulisic 10 min ago

__

Stella felt so proud of her brother. Christian had scored right before halftime. They were already in the lead by two when he got his special goal. Everyone went crazy for Captain America- especially after he pointed right towards Hannah in the stands. Stella had watched him run past the goal posts with Gio, Brenden, and Weston running after him with cheerful smiles, but Christian kept turning his head and fidgeting.

He was looking for her.

And he found her sitting with Hunter on the stands across the field. He had come to an abrupt halt, pointing his finger up into the air and bringing it back to his lips for a kiss. Stella wondered if Hannah remembered all the other times he'd done that in her honor. By the end of the game, it had nearly been a knockout: 1-7. USA won.

Christian waved her over from the field. He still stood with Weston, Brenden, Auston, and Gio. They all were in a huddle, probably talking about the game. Stella glanced over her shoulder at the older adults. "I'm being summoned."

"Take Joah and Car." Kelley suggested with a grin. "We're gonna head out front and look for places to eat."

"I'll come too." Chase piped in, wiping some sweat from under his hat. "It's been awhile since i've been on the field."

Stella handed her trash to Devyn with a pleading smile, "Oh sissy... would you mind?"

Devyn groaned, snatching the empty tin foil and cotton candy wrapper from her hands. "You're annoying."

Stella laughed to herself. "Alright, you two ready?"

Carolina and Joah nodded swiftly. Christian noticed their movement and ran over to tell the security guards. Chase hopped over the wall first, landing hard on his feet. He turned around and held his arms up for Carolina first.

Stella helped her on the wall and then she jumped right into Chase's chest. Joah said he didn't need any help, so he threw his feet over in one motion. He tumbled into Christian, who caught him with a laugh. Chase helped Stella, holding her hand as she jumped down. Christian brought everyone in for a group hug.

"I'm so glad you all were here."

"You were amazing, Chris!" Joah slapped him on the back.

"Thanks, man." Christian blushed.
Everyone took a few steps back. Chase patted Christian's head, "I'm proud of you, bro."

"Yeah. Me too, bro." Stella mocked them with a grin.

Christian leaned forward, hitting her on the arm. "Where's Hannah?"

Stella had been wondering the same thing. "I haven't seen her yet. But she said she'd talk to me afterwards."

"Christian! Can I pass the ball with you?" Carolina clapped her hands.