43.

Kirani James Athletic Stadium
St. George's, Grenada
March 24, 2023

The last sun-rays of the day were starting to kiss the pavement. The field took on the look of an old photograph, every familiar thing a shade of grey.

Slowly the view faded to blackness and the night begun with a crowd awaiting an anticipated game. Stella was seated in the front row of the stadium, watching as Gio ran warm-up laps with Christian and Weston. The whole team trailed around the orange track in their jerseys. She listened to their cleats cackle against the ground.

A line of security men watched the stands from the pitch, with their arms crossed and legs spread out. Stella hoped Gio would squeeze past them when everyone else arrived. A tap on her shoulder made her whirl around. She felt her heartbeat race at the hope it was her best friend.

But, she was only met with her sister's goofy grin.

"Hey, DeeDee." Stella felt disappointed, even if she was happy to see her sister. She hadn't expected her to be at the game. She stood in front of Austin, who was holding Avery in a black baby harness around his chest. Stella tried not to chuckle under her breath at how dorky he looked. They really did make the perfect couple.

"Wow, don't get up or anything!" Devyn squeezed Stella's shoulder, leaning over her with a frown. "It's not like we came out to surprise my siblings."

Stella laughed, rising to her feet with a huff. "Oh my gosh, what are you doing here!? You're such an amazing sister!"

Devyn rolled her caramel brown eyes. "Well then maybe you'll be a little more excited for your brother."

"I already saw Chris, dummy. I got here before you."

Austin giggled whilst bouncing from one leg to another. "Your other brother, dummy."

Devyn glanced over her shoulder at her husband, smiling wide. "Thanks, babe."

Stella felt a pair of arms wrap around her neck. She let out a squeal that definitely mimicked a chipmunk, but couldn't help the enthusiasm in her voice. She nudged the stomach behind her, turning around with a big grin. "Chase!"

He chuckled against her grip, leaning back with sparkling eyes. "Don't say you already forgot about me."

"I did not!" Stella slapped Devyn's arm, making her pretend a wince. "She's making me look bad!"

Chase was dressed in a pair of khaki shorts, similar to Austin, and a Pulisic jersey that was a couple sizes too big. He wore his typical black snapback with the visor faced around back. He had some dark bags under his eyes- probably from work. He always worked too much. His skin was pale white like a ghost, unlike Stella and Devyn who had been blessed with Kelly's skin tone.

"I can't believe you're here! Does Chris know?"

"No, that's the definition of a surprise." Chase shot back with his usual sarcasm.

Devyn slid into the row behind where Chase and Stella stood. She whacked her sister on the head, "And you better not spoil it! Let Christian find us naturally."

"What? Do you think I'm going to use our family telepathy?"

"No." She shook her head, plopping down in the blue seat. "Phone's do exist you know."

"Yeah, whatever." Stella laughed at her. "Him and Gio will probably come over when they're done warming up."

"Mom and dad are at the concession stands with Gio's parents. Nick too." Devyn nodded her head up the stairs. "Oh and Carolina and Joah."