15.

a/n: hey everyone! this chapter talks/hints at domestic violence a little more in depth, so if you feel uncomfortable in any way, please feel free to skip! I hope you guys enjoy it! And thank you for 2k!

The sun was slowly starting to set in the sky, bringing a mix of pinks and orange along the whisky clouds. The faint sound of waves crashing in the distance lulled in Stella's ear as she rolled over in her sleep. She had been exhausted from the beach and before getting dolled up for dinner, she jumped into bed for a nap.

She wanted to stay in bed longer. The cool sheets wrapped around her slightly burned shins, and the comforter was thick around the top of her head. A fan sat on her nightstand and blew refreshing wind into her heated face. Her brown eyes locked onto the alarm clock, reading 5:30 p.m. She let out a breath and climbed to her feet.

Stella stood in front of the full-length closet mirror. Her lips grimaced at the sight of her tangled hair and oversized pajamas. She stepped into the bathroom and felt the cold granite under her feet. She turned on the shower and stripped before feeling the hot water run over her skin.

Devyn always kept her favorite toiletries and soaps stocked for when Stella would come and visit. Her sister and Austin bought the house because it was big enough to hold the whole family and extra.

That's why even with Gio and his family, Christian and his friends, Stella and her parents... they all coincided like they did in the hotel. However, Hannah decided to stay with the Fieri's down the street, but Stella wasn't too surprised. Joah was with them too, hanging out with Ryder before they went to their own dinner plans.

She showered for about thirty minutes before getting out and drying off. There was a quiet knock on the door, leaving Stella startled in her striped towel.

"It's just me." Devyn whispered on the other side.

Stella shuffled to the handle and twisted it in her grip, revealing her older sister in a pretty sundress. Her hair was curly, as usual, and fell over her shoulders like a princess. Devyn chuckled at Stella's state of dripping water all over the floor, "I just wanted to hang out for a second."

Stella smiled, not used to Devyn actually wanting to spend time with her. Not that they didn't get along, but she was used to going to her older sister for things. Christian was her go-to and built in best friend. And Chase was the usual protective older brother, but he usually was away for the year with work or he would spend time with their dad more than the rest.

"Sure thing." Stella grinned, patting the edge of the bed for her sister to sit. Stella grabbed another towel and wrapped her hair, so it wouldn't create a blob on the blankets. They both plopped on the bed. "Is Avery napping?"

"Fast asleep on Austin." Devyn chuckled. She had a lot of features that were similar to Stella, like their dimples that ran in the family, their eyes, the texture of their frizzy hair, but Stella always thought her sister was radiant. Far more than she was. "I feel like I haven't gotten to catch up with you with all the World Cup stuff going on. How are you sis?"

Stella pushed her damp hair behind her ear. "I'm doing pretty well. How are you?"

Devyn let out a sigh. "Parenthood is a bit scary."

Stella nodded, knowing that her sister had been dwelling on the fear of being a bad mom ever since she got pregnant. "You're doing fantastic. Avery's lucky to have you as her momma bear."

Devyn chuckled. "Thanks, Stell."

"How's Austin handling fatherhood?"

Devyn rolled her eyes, smiling wide. "He was born to be a dad. It comes so naturally for him."