39.

stellapulisic
20 min ago

stellapulisic 20 min ago

__

"This food is delicious." Gio said with a mouthful. He sounded muffled. He was cutting into his steak, trying not to fumble.

Stella giggled, watching as he swallowed another bite. She also enjoyed the dish. She was savoring the mashed potatoes that were covered in butter. It reminded her of back home when her mom would make a roast. "It's so filling... yet light at the same time. I don't know how they do it."

Gio nodded in agreement, wiping his mouth with the thick napkin. He had taken off his blazer, but he still looked extremely handsome. His pastel button down had the sleeves loosely rolled up and showed off his watch. The lighting was dim at the restaurant, with candles mainly visible on the tables. His bronze skin glistened under the orange-hue. She tried not to stare, but it was hard when he made her swoon. He brought her out of her thoughts, chuckling under his breath.

"So how do you like Germany, my love?"

Stella grinned at him, glancing around the room like it answered his question. She took a quick sip of her wine before continuing. "I love it here! I mean, I always liked it when I came to visit Christian, but I could really picture myself living here."

Gio's eyes widened. Stella realized how that sounded and she quickly backtracked, stumbling over her words. "Like, myself, you know?"

"Not with me?" Gio perked his brow. He leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms over his chest. His lips grew into a mischievous smirk.

Stella shook her head. "You know what I mean."

"I do." He chuckled, leaning forward with a grin. "And quite honestly, I'd love it if you stayed here. With me. Living... with me."

Stella grabbed his hand, squeezing it softly. "You're not just saying that?"

"I mean it." He squeezed her hand back. "I know it'll be something we have to talk to your parents about... and even if you don't want too, that's fine love. I understand you can't drop everything to come live with me."

Stella thought for a moment. She had been enjoying her time with Gio. And Germany was fantastic. Even though she'd miss home, a fresh start might be what she needs to start her writing. "I'd love too, G! When we see my parents at the wedding, we can talk about it then."

Gio bit into his lip, smiling hard. "Great! Let's have a toast then."

"To Germany!" Stella squealed.