45.

Stella walked into the hotel, still pressing a hand to her head. The tackle had hurt more than she expected- but luckily all the fights she used to get into with Christian paid off. She wasn't even sure why she attacked him. It was like an impulse moment. She didn't want Hunter to keep hurting her brother.

And she wished this whole thing would come to an end.

Gio walked beside her, grasping her hand tight in his. He had stopped bleeding, but all the blood dried across his face. Christian lingered behind them, sulking. He had some bruises forming on his cheeks. There was a looming silence between the trio. It wasn't until they were in the elevator that Stella spoke up with a cough.

"Don't think about it too much, Chris."

He leaned against the metal wall with his arms crossed. He let his head fall back with a thud. "Fuck that."

"Dude." Gio turned to look at him over his shoulder. His thick brows creased together in concern. "We tried to help. It didn't work. It's technically the second time it didn't work."

The doors slid open with a ding. Christian pushed past them, storming down the hall. Gio and Stella exchanged a look of annoyance, shortly following after. Christian shook his head in disbelief. "Hannah told me it'd be easier... and then she ran off. She's only with him right now because she doesn't want anyone else getting hurt."

"They're probably already on a flight back to California." Gio let out a sigh.

Christian slammed his hand against his hotel room door. The veins in his neck were popping out. His skin was still red and he still had a look of war in his brown eyes, unlike Gio and Stella who felt defeated. "She should be here! She should be with me! None of this would have happened if I just..."

Stella carefully touched his shoulder. He bit into his lip, holding back some tears. "It's all my fault."

"Don't say that." Stella shook her head.

Gio nodded in agreement, wiping some sweat from his face. "Yeah, man. It's just life. You and Hannah love each other. That won't ever go away."

"We were gonna get married." Christian chuckled sadly. "Everyone knew."

"You obviously still want to fight for her." Stella chewed her lip. "And I agree that you should. But you can't fight on an empty tank of gas. You need rest. You need to finish your season. And when you're ready, I know you'll be strong."

"What if she-" Christian rubbed the back of his neck. "What if she actually doesn't love me anymore? What if it's a lost cause-"

"Look, you and my cousin are meant for each other. Just like me and Stella. Hannah is your person." Gio glanced at his girlfriend with a smile.

Christian rubbed his temple. "The media is going to be relentless."

Stella chuckled. "I'm pretty sure they got the whole thing on tape."

"People will see you're capable of going into the NFL." Christian smirked, "I mean, that tackle was something else."

"I learned from the best." Stella ruffled his hair.

"I can't believe you did that." Gio wrapped his arm around her. "I wanted to pull you right back, but another part of me thought, wow, my girl's a badass."

Stella blushed, feeling the heat in her cheeks. "I wasn't that much help."

"Gio's kick would've scored him a goal." Christian joked.

Gio grinned, "That'll definetly be a shiner."

"I'm going to wash up. Meet you guys in ten? Mom and dad said they have a table waiting." Christian glanced at his phone.

Stella hugged him swiftly. "I love you, Chris."

"Love you too, Stella."

Christian entered his own room. Gio and Stella walked further down the hall and slipped into theirs. The room was cold. She could feel her own sweat drying up, making her shiver. Gio quickly took off his shirt, throwing it on the bed. He groaned, slowly sitting on the edge of the mattress. Stella grabbed a towel from the bathroom and wet it with warm water. She waved it in the air in front of Gio, "Mind if I wash that blood off?"

"Please." Gio's shoulders relaxed.

Stella stepped in between his legs. He rested his hands on her butt, making her raise a brow. He looked up at her with innocent eyes. She pressed the whole towel against his face, shielding his gaze. He let out a chuckle. She wiped the blood. Gio kept wincing when she'd have to tug harder on his skin. She twisted her lips, "I'm sorry you got pulled into the mix."

"Is that why you bulldozed Hunter?" Gio chuckled, shaking his hair.

Stella swiped her nose with her elbow. "Maybe..."

"You didn't have to do that for me, Stell." He stood, grabbing the towel from her hand. "I'm going to be in the press no matter what. But i'm glad it'll be for kicking Hunter's ass this time."

"I just wanted to protect you. You've done that for me my whole life."

"And for the rest of your life." Gio grinned, adding with a whisper, "Hopefully."

Stella couldn't help but smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed her sweetly.