52.

Stella, Joah, and Carolina sat on the curb just outside the stadium. The younger two were eating ice cream: Joah's from a cup and Carolina's from a cone. The warm sun was starting to set in the distance. An array of clouds turned a dark orange and the sky looked like a portrait. Stella found herself staring at the scenery, though her mind was somewhere else. She was thinking about everything. Even if it's just a text... she could hear his voice ringing in the back of her head.

I'm always here for you.

A frown rested on her lips. Chloe had left Gio. It was her choice to go. And now he wants to help her? Why couldn't she stay at a hotel? She surely had enough money with her own career. An actress- like Hannah. Stella felt some anger boiling in her stomach. Did Gio think about winning Chloe back? What if he still thinks about her... maybe she's-

Better.

At everything.

You know how I fit in your bed.

Stella clutched her stomach.

"Stell? You don't look so good." Joah placed his plastic cup on the cement, turning to her with concern. He awkwardly placed a hand on her back, rubbing slow circles.

Carolina peered at them from her place on the end. She furrowed her brows together. "Maybe she should have a bite of ice cream Joah. She didn't get any."

Joah turned to her, shaking his head. "I don't think she's hungry, Caro."

Stella pushed away the thoughts as best she could, trying to regain composure. She forced a smile. "I'm okay guys. It's just really hot out today."

"That's why you should have some ice cream! To cool off!"

"Caro, I said she's not hungry!" Joah whined. "Just listen to me okay?"

She nudged his stomach with her elbow, but went back to minding her business. She seemed interested in the shops across the street that they hadn't been in yet. Joah shifted his knees to face Stella, whispering in a soft voice so only they could hear. "You think he's..."

"No." Stella shook her head firmly. "And even if he was, it's not your job to worry about me. I'm taking care of you guys. Not the other way around."

"But we're here for you." Joah chewed on his bottom lip. "You think we'd want to stand by Gio if he's hurting you?"

Stella glanced into his light brown eyes. They reminded her of the beginning of autumn. Joah's hair was a matching color and flared in the wind. She let out a sigh, twisting her lips. "I don't want you guys to feel like there are sides. Whatever is going on, I will handle it with your brother. It's probably just a big misunderstanding."

Joah gritted his teeth. "Why don't you just text her back acting like Gio? Tell her to fuck off."

Stella whacked the back of his head. He tried to hide the grin on his lips. She also tried not to chuckle. "Don't curse."

"You thought about it didn't you? Just for a second?" He sounded smug.

Stella shoved him with her shoulder. "Maybe a little."

There were footsteps coming up behind them. Stella turned to the sound, wondering how she'd handle seeing Gio after what she had learned. Would she hug him? Kiss him? She didn't want any of that. She just wanted to know why Chloe was coming to Germany and why he was being so friendly.

But she had to be nice in front of Carolina, otherwise, they'd be just like her parents. Stella's eyes landed on Julian. Her body slumped in relief. She wasn't exactly ready to see her boyfriend right now.