56.

a/n: thank you to Hannah Dancer9816 for helping me with this one! She gives the best dialogue lol!

Breakfast was delicious. Thankfully, Gio offered to do the dishes since he didn't help with any cooking. Joah and Carolina were stuffed, watching television with their bodies sprawled out. Stella was tidying up the extra space, preparing for her brother's arrival. She threw some pillows at Carolina's face. The youngest Reyna giggled, but carefully placed them behind her head.

Stella walked into the kitchen, earning a smile from her boyfriend. Gio switched off the water and turned around to face her. She stood in front of him, running a hand down his chest. His shirt felt soft between her fingers. He squeezed her sides. She looked up at him with a nervous grin. "Has Chloe gotten in?"

Gio kissed her forehead and kept Stella in his arms, while he let out a sigh. "Mhm. She texted after we finished breakfast."

Stella nodded slowly. "Carolina asked if you're gonna see her?"

Gio raised a brow, looking down at her with a playful smirk. "Did she?"

"She seemed curious." Stella chewed her lip.

Gio rubbed the back of his neck. "Chloe asked if I'd get dinner with her tonight."

Stella tried not to show her annoyance. She glanced at her feet and shrugged like it wasn't a big deal. Even though she could feel her insides churning with a flood of anger. "Are you gonna go?"

"I don't know." Gio pushed a strand of Stella's hair behind her ear. His hand was warm from the water. "What do you think?"

This was like a trick question. Stella knew if she said not to go, then she might sound like an overbearing girlfriend. They'd already fixed the original situation with Chloe, but now Stella wasn't sure what to say. She didn't want him to go. Luckily, she'd have her brother to keep her distracted, but she'd still be thinking about the two of them at a candle-lit dinner in the back of her mind. A knock on the door brought Stella out of her thoughts and gave her a chance to escape Gio's question.

"I'll get it!" Carolina squealed. She jumped up from the couch and sprinted around the corner to the door. Stella and Gio followed after, awaiting Christian's arrival. Joah still sat on the couch with his legs on the coffee table. Carolina swung the door open, revealing a pair of people. Stella's eyes widened in shock. The youngest Reyna let out a shriek. "Hannah!? Christian!"

"Hannah?" Joah whipped his head around. He quickly stood up and came to their side.

Stella stared at her best friend. Hannah stood on the doorstep beside Christian with a grin. Her hair fell on her back and looked longer than usual. Her skin was already tanned like a caramel gelato. She was wearing a pretty pink dress that ran to her mid-thigh and she matched it with white heels and a Kate Spade clutch.

Christian had a playful smirk on his face. His arm was resting against the wall as he watched us inside. His hair was shorter for the summer. He was dressed in a pair of créme shorts and a navy blue tee shirt that fitted his chest a little too tight. And the fact he was standing beside his ex-girlfriend... Stella wondered if he knew he'd see her. Or if it was just a coincidence and he was extremely lucky.

"What are you doing here, Han?" Gio spoke for them all.

Hannah gave Carolina a big hug, leaning down to kiss the top of her head before moving towards the adults. She gave Stella a quick squeeze and whispered in her ear. "He's clueless isn't he?"

"Hannah." Stella whispered back with dread in her voice. She didn't have to ask. She knew. Hannah was about to flip on Gio. And he had no idea. Christian still looked smug, but he was slowly turning confused too.