24.

The perfect dream.

And it was just that.

A dream.

"Stella!" A familiar voice yelled.

The brunette stirred, quickly opening her eyes. A shadow loomed over her face as Hannah peered down at her with a questionable expression. She furrowed her brows.

"What? But I was-" Stella sat up, glancing around the pool. It was all... fake? She'd been asleep the whole time.

"Asleep? Yeah, I kept talking to myself and didn't even realize." Hannah rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in the process. "Are you good? You look worried."

She closed her eyes, letting out a breath. So Gio hadn't asked her out... she just wished he would. "Sorry, I just had a weird dream."

"Oooo do tell." She grinned, sitting back down on the lawn chair beside her.

A splash occurred, sending some water droplets on their legs. Ryder appeared from the water and shot an apologetic look to the girls. Jules and Hunter were holding their drinks near the shallow end. Stella shook her head, trying to come back to reality. It was hard- with a dream like she had.

"It was about G."

"Ew don't tell." Hannah grimaced. Her red bathing suit contrasted against the blue sky. She lathered some sunscreen on her shins and thighs. "I don't wanna hear about your fantasies with my cousin."

"It felt so real." Stella sighed, clutching her heart. The sun was hot on her skin and made her sweat across her forehead.

"Stop talking." Hannah groaned. "That's actually disgusting."

"It's not like that!" Stella threw her legs over the side of the chair, pressing her bare feet to the warm concrete. "He asked me out, in the dream. And Carolina was there and interrupted us kissing. But then we all fell asleep together."

"Hmmm." Hannah hummed to herself, raising a brow. "That's quite a realistic dream."

"Maybe." Stella shrugged. "I think I'm gonna cool off."

"I'll come with. Unless you want time alone with Julesy." Hannah side-eyed her with a smirk.

"Shut up." She rolled her eyes.

Stella stripped from her shirt and shorts, wearing the bikini she borrowed from Hannah. It was a bright pink with white polka-dots on the top of the fabric. She could feel Jules staring as she dove into the deep end.

The water bubbled around her ears, but she instantly relaxed into the cold liquid. She felt a tug on her arm, and opened her eyes. Jules was underwater, tugging her to the surface.

She took in a breath as they both came above water. Jules was chuckling. "Didn't mean to scare you."

Hannah popped out from the water and slid her hair back. "Liar."

Jules splashed some water at her. She squealed and retreated towards Hunter. Jules turned back to Stella, grinning. She shoved him with her hand, swimming past him swiftly. "It's not nice to scare people, Julesy."

He grabbed her legs, bringing her back into him. She let out a yelp, laughing as he tried to set her on his shoulders. She stumbled, falling backwards when he stood up. After a moment, she came back up with water in her nose.

"Do you have something to say?" Stella laughed. "Maybe like sorry I let you fall?"

"Oh I have a lot to say." Jules replied with a grumble in his voice- similar to the one Stella had heard in her dream. She shook her head, trying not to think of the feelings swirling in her stomach about G. "I don't think you can handle it though."