𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕞𝕒𝕤 𝕚𝕟𝕧𝕒𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 (𝟙)

☆

CALLISTO WATCHED AS the doctor began slamming different buttons, "before we go to barcelona, we've gotta pop back to london and get rose! what time of year? christmas eve! that'll be nice, i wonder if it'll be snowing—"

he choked on his next words, bending over, gasping and coughing before a golden stream of light escaped his mouth. worried, callisto rushed towards him and lay a hand on his back. the doctor grasped her hand, squeezing her fingers as another stream of gold dust left his body, fading in the air.

"what's happening?" callisto asked.

"regeneration's not going as smoothly as it should." the doctor grimaced. "i'll be fine!"

he began slamming buttons and pulling leavers again but callisto made him stop for a second, "should you really be doing that if something's gone wrong? maybe sitting down would be a better option?"

"oh, lighten up, callisto! i wanna get to barcelona!" the doctor grinned but jolted back into callisto's arms, pain shooting through him. "it'll be gone in a second."

"just sit down and i'll do it—" callisto's words were cut off as they both held onto the console, the t.a.r.d.i.s whirring and spinning as they barrelled for london, 2005, christmas eve.

callisto and the newly regenerated doctor barrelled through time and space. the pair jolted violently around the ship as the t.a.r.d.i.s slammed into flat buildings numerous times before skirting to a stop on the floor, after they'd forced a royal mail van to pause its journey with a sudden and harsh stop.

the doctor yanked the door open, looking at his surroundings with a grin, "here we are then. london, earth, the solar system. i did it!" he stepped out, approaching jackie and mickey. "jackie, mickey! blimey! no, no, no, hold on, wait there a sec. i had something i had to tell you. something important, what was it?" he gripped their shoulders as callisto left the ship and rose came around the corner from her flat, having been getting dressed when the doctor crash landed. "hold on, sh, sh, sh, sh! oh! i know. merry christmas!"

he fainted randomly and callisto rushed forwards to catch him before he could slam into the pavement, holding him under the arms.

"what happened? is he alright?" rose rushed out.

"i don't know." callisto muttered. "probably not. it shouldn't be like this."

"who is he? where's the doctor?" mickey demanded.

"that's the doctor." callisto stated.

"what d'you mean, 'that's the doctor'? doctor who?" jackie asked.

"i can explain once we get him into a bed. could we go to your flat?" callisto questioned.

"yeah, course." rose nodded and mickey helped pick up the doctor's legs, callisto carrying him under his arms as they went to the tyler's flat.