𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕪 𝕠𝕗 𝕓𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 (𝟙)

☆

"MAKE YOUR DECISION, mr. smith." jenny demanded, tightening her arm around callisto's throat, the gun digging into her temple further.

john looked helplessly between both callisto and the matron, breathing heavily. he really didn't know what to. everything that was happening was far too confusing.

"perhaps if that human heart breaks, the time lord will emerge." baines wondered.

at the other end of the room, tim opened the doctor's watch that he'd stolen. a faint golden light flowed from the clock face. jenny's arm went limp around callisto as the family of blood looked around urgently for the time lord. callisto twisted jenny around, taking the gun from her in the process. she held jenny's back to her chest and pointed the laser gun at the baines.

"the slightest movement and i shoot." callisto warned.

"oh, the maid is full of fire!" baines mocked.

eyes hardened in a glare, callisto took a shot close to baines' left foot, making him flinch back ever so slightly. people around the room gasped and exclaimed in fear at the loved noise and the threat of another person disintegrating before their eyes.

"careful, son of mine," mr. clark interrupted, "this all for you so that you can live forever."

baines aimed his weapon at callisto, "i'll shoot you down."

"go on, then. this back and forth is boring me ever so much." callisto snarled.

"would you really pull the trigger?" baines tried to taunt. "or are you too scared?"

"scared of a little boy? please. i could absolutely pull the trigger, i'm itching too, but i'm giving you a chance. i've not always been so generous and i'm already in a bad mood. take a risk, go on." callisto urged lowly, smirking at the family.

martha watched for a moment, feeling as if she couldn't breath in fear of what might happen. however, the family paused and stared at the unwavering woman. then, slowly, they lowered their laser guns. nurse redfern rushed back over to john, letting out a shaking breath.

"martha, get everyone out." callisto ordered, not taking her eyes off of them. "the door at the side."

"come on, follow me." martha said calmly. "everyone out!"

"don't argue, mr. jackson, they're mad, that's all we need to know." nurse redfern told a man that continued to stand in the room.

"outside, all of you!" martha continued and it seemed like the push they needed as the humans went running from the large house.

"move yourself, boy. back to the school, quickly!" john told tim, who finally complied and left the building.

"and you, off you pop, your lordship." callisto snarked towards john.