𝕙𝕦𝕞𝕒𝕟 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 (𝟙)

☆

"SHIT! GET DOWN!"

the doctor, callisto and martha burst through the doors of the t.a.r.d.i.s, everyone dropping low to the ground to avoid being shot at by a bright, green laser gun, the blast hitting the console instead. callisto kicked the doors shut with her foot while the doctor gripped martha's shoulders tightly.

"did they see you?" he demanded.

"i don't know!" martha replied.

"but did they see you?" the doctor repeated.

"i was too busy running!" martha answered.

"martha, it's important, did they see your face?" the doctor asked again.

"no. they couldn't have." martha shrugged, but she sounded slightly unsure.

"moon—"

"no, my back was to them the whole time." callisto replied, starting to rush around the console and the doctor nodded, pulling a lever.

"let's go." the doctor muttered. the ship began to wheeze and groan until a beeping came from the screen on the console. the doctor pulled it around towards him and groaned, "they're following us."

"how can they do that? you've got a time machine." martha wondered.

"stolen technology. they've got a time agents vortex manipulator. they can follow us wherever we go. right across the universe. they're never gonna stop. unless..." the doctor pushed a hand through his messy hair, "i'll have to do it. you both trust me, don't you?"

"of course i do." martha agreed easily.

"a ridiculous question, really." callisto mumbled, visibly confused.

"it all depends on you two." the doctor said, picking something up from the floor.

"what does? what are we supposed to do?" martha demanded.

the doctor held up a pocket watch and callisto's eyes widened, "take this watch, 'cause my life depends on it. this watch, martha, this watch—"

john smith woke up sharply in the comfort of his bed, tucked away in the corner of his living quarters. he sat up with a deep sigh and brushed a hand over his face, thinking of the odd dream he'd had, only one of many. as he pulled on his dressing gown, a couple of knocks sounded against his door.

"come in." he called.

carrying a tray of tea and breakfast, a maid walked into the room. she looked away from john politely when she noticed he was still in his pyjamas. she wore a black dress with a white apron tied around her waist into a neat bow on her back. in her soft, black hair was a white headpiece, falling over her bun. he smiled softly at his servant, so alike to the woman of his dreams, name and all.