Prologue part 1: A Demon's Cause

It was a beautiful summer day in Medieval times. A perfect day for a fly.

Of course, she couldn't enjoy it. Her little sister was dying and she needed a cure before her time ran out. 

Her black wings beat as fast as they could, carrying the potion she made from the ingredients she gathered while she was out. She soon came across a small village, with only a hundred occupants. Everyone knew each other here, it was a small and tight-knit community.

The Demon quickly entered her little cottage on the outskirts of the village, the first thing she saw was her little sister lying on the couch with a wet towel over her forehead and a blanket covering her body.

She sighed and closed the door with her pink tail, and then walked over to her sister who was sleeping peacefully. 

The Demon girl knelt down and tied her short brown hair in a bun with a pink elastic, then she grabbed the potion and opened the lid. She poured some onto her hands and then placed the liquid on her little sister's cheeks and chest, her eyes glowing pink.

"Jxv vlro qtl plrip ybzljb lkb xka ybzljb yxixkzba! Xkdbi xka Abjlk xp lkb fk vlro ylav! Ebxi Bof xka jxhb ebo tbii!"

The little Demon's body began to glow and rise from the couch, before a flash appeared and she was gently lowered to where she was before. The older Demon quickly placed her hand on her sister's chest and it glowed pink, then went to black causing her to scream in fury.

"RAH! NO! NO NO NONONONONONOO! I KNOW I GOT THE POTION RIGHT! WHY IN SATAN'S NAME DIDN'T IT WORK?!"

She began to cry and her wings opened and closed, her eyes going bright pink.

She panted heavily and she yelled loudly, a blast of pink energy emerging from her body and dispersing like a ring, phasing through walls and going into the distance.

The sudden scream woke up the little Demon who saw her big sister kneeling on the floor and crying, her eyes now back to brown.

She slowly rose from the couch and walked over to her sister, and put her hand on her shoulder. The older Demon looked up at her little sister and saw her worried face, her cheeks being red, indicating she was still sick.

"Ochaco... Are you alright?"

She froze for a moment, then grabbed her sister in her arms and wrapped her wings around her.

Nothing was said.

Nothing could be said.

She had failed, and now her sister only had a few more weeks to live.