Chapter 14: A Demon's Senses

Ochaco and Eri walked around the village, greeting some of the civilians and tasting Mrs. Smith's cooking once again. "She is a nice lady," Eri commented, holding a small piece of bread that she was given. "She is, she's like a grandmother that loves spoiling her grandchildren." She said with a chuckle.

Ochaco smiled and picked up Eri in her arms, placing her on Ochaco's side so Eri was sitting on Ochaco's hip. "Come on, why don't we say hi to Tsu?" Eri did a small cheer as her sister began walking towards the inn. As the girls got there and opened the door, Tsu was in some casual clothes and wearing a small apron with her hair tied to the side in a braid.

"Ah, welcome. I wasn't expecting visitors today. But it's always nice for you to stop by." Tsu smiled "Tsu!" Eri yelled, jumping off Ochaco and running into her friend's arms "I missed you so much!" Ochaco was about to walk over, but as soon as she took a step, she felt a pang in her chest.

"I'm.... Coming...."

Instantly, she looked back. But saw no one.

"Everything alright Ochaco?" Eri asked, causing her sister's head to whip back towards her. "Y-Yeah.. Just felt some wind." Eri smiled and looked back at Tsu as they continued their conversation. Ochaco looked back at the door and sighs. 

"Hey Ochaco?" She looked back at Tsu "is Midoriya with you? When I went to check his room I couldn't find him." She chuckled "yeah, he saved my life yesterday when I got into some trouble, he's back at my house. Speaking of that I should go back. Can I leave Eri with you?" Tsu nodded enthusiastically.

Ochaco instantly left and summoned her Hellhounds. "Pbxoze qeb xobx." Geri and Freki nodded and ran in separate directions. Ochaco summoned her wings and flew to her house. She knocked on the door and entered, seeing Izuku and Kota on the table, eating some food Izuku had prepared.

"Hey," she said, closing the door behind her and walking to Izuku. "Hey," he replied with a smile. Ochaco walked over and waved to Kota, who tried to hide behind the plate of food. Ochaco walked to Izuku "can I talk to you?" Izuku nodded and looked at Kota "I'll be back soon alright?" Kota nodded and watched his brother leave with the Demon.

Ochaco brought Izuku to her room and they both sat on her bed. "Everything alright?" She shook her head "s-something came up. And it's no longer safe for anyone here. I need you to leave. Take the civilians with you, and Kota. And Eri." "What? Why? Ochaco if anything came up, I can help."

Ochaco shook her head, "I appreciate your determination but you can't. Not with him. So I need you to leave. It'll be safer if all the humans are out. Even Eri and Kota." Izuku sighed "I'll see what I can do. But I don't know if my village will be happy about a hundred people just walking into their town square." Ochaco smiled "thank you."

She sighed and stood up, her wings gracefully folding on her back. "I leave Eri in your care if anything were to happen to me." "Wha- Wait! We've only known each other for about two days and you trust me to care for Eri?!" She smiled and turned around, placing her hand on his chest "I can sense your good heart. You see Eri as someone to protect and care for, you see everyone as your friends. So yes, I trust you."

Ochaco removed her hand and left the room, just then, a shadow clone of her appeared in front of her. It mimicked her appearance and was pure black, but it's outlines were pink. "Cfka efj. Cfka lsboexri. Hfii efj. Pelt kl jbozv."

-------

It's been a week. Ochaco thought, flying over the vacant village and into a nearby flower field. Izuku had convinced his village and allowed them to stay there until I've dealt with that little pest. Thankfully, I cast a protective spell against the villagers. So that should keep him from tracking them.

Ochaco landed on the ground and saw Geri and Freki approach along with her Demonic shadow. They all stopped in front of her and shook their heads. She sighed. Just then, there was some rustling in the bush behind her. She turned around and prepared some fireballs on her palms.

Just then Izuku emerged from the bush with a bag draped over his shoulder. "Hey, I uh... Came to help?" Ochaco gasped and ran to him "no. You need to leave. Now." She frantically looked around. 

"I'm... Here..."

She looked around and suddenly, the air became thin. Izuku clutched his throat and knelt down, Ochaco standing in front of him and looking behind her. The sky became blood red and pillars of stone around many runes forming a circle appeared. Geri and Freki looked at the runes and growled.

The Demonic shadow merged with Ochaco, her hair being up in a pony tail. She looked at Izuku who was coughing and knelt down, lifting his chin with her finger and kissing his cheek, a pink symbol appearing there. "That should keep you safe and unharmed." Izuku stopped coughing and looked up at her.

"I knew you'd show up eventually." She called out, and stood up.  She formed her sword and held it over her shoulders, looking back at the portal "I haven't seen you in eons." 

Just then, a Demon emerged from the small portal and crawled out. "I know why you're here. And it's not gonna happen." Ochaco stated, magical pink runes forming on her arms and legs and the armor emerging from them. She eyed the Demon that emerged and tilted her head to the side with a mischievous smile.

"It's been a while, Overhaul."