Prologue part 2: An Angel's Cause

He was always the curious type. He loved looking at things and figuring out how they work. 

Humans were especially interesting. They'd fall, scrape their knee, then get up and continue going about their life as if nothing had happened. They'd also do the strangest things and he always found it interesting.

He wanted to know more about them so he would always go onto a small could that hovered near a small village and observe the humans below, writing his observations in his notebook.

He sat on his small cloud, overlooking a small part the human world. He loved seeing those beings work about their daily life and wished that he could go down and experience it with them.

But Angels were forbidden to do so unless necessary.

He sighed and stretched. "This is boring." 

Just then, he saw a large pink wave that was stretched out in the distance. He stood up and looked closer, and it was heading towards the small village he was observing. He watched closely as it arrived at the village, and just like that and it phased through the village, then kept going into the distance.

"Odd.." He muttered.

He looked back at the humans in the village and saw their panicked scampering as they gathered together and looked like they were talking and discussing what happened.

The young Angel heard some wingbeats coming towards him and he looked back, seeing one of his superiors in the 'Human Research and Protection' department.

He stood at the ready, his superior landing across from him. 

"Castiel."

"Deku, I assume you just saw the giant blast of energy?"

"Yes, what was that?"

"I'm not sure..." He answered, resting a hand on his chin, "but I'd like you to investigate it." The smaller Angel looked at the direction where the blast could have come from. 

"Maybe it could be a human practicing magic?"

"But no witches or warlocks have been documented in the village the blast originated from."

"Maybe someone doing potions for the first time and made a mistake?"

"That is unlikely, the human would have had to travel a great distance for a simple ingredient of a potion."

He gasped "you're not implying.... A Demon?!"

Castiel shook his head with a sigh. "We do not know. That is why we'd like you to investigate." "Yes sir." As Castiel was about to leave, he turned back to the small Angel behind him "you know the protocol if it does happen to be a Demon, yes?" 

"Yes, I do."

"Good." Castiel lifted his wings "I'll leave you to it."