Chapter 11: An Angel's Healing

"The potions are over here." She said, pointing towards a tall wooden cabinet with a glass window. "They are divided into sections and all the vials are labeled." She said, grabbing a small stool, placing it in front of the wooden structure, and stepping on it. "We have burns, cuts, bruises, insomnia..." She listed, pointing to the vials as she spoke "I even have some recipes for the potions to aid in certain things. You can find them in the book right here." She pointed to a book with a brown leather cover.

Izuku grabbed it and began flipping through the pages "wow... This is amazing! And in so much detail as well!" Recovery Girl smiled "I'm glad you like it, now, I must go grab some things from the cellar, I will return shortly." With that, she dismounted the stool and left.

Izuku spent some time looking at the potions in the cabinet Recovery Girl showed him, hesitantly, he grabbed some of them and placed them in his bag, heading towards Ochaco.

I don't really need these. He thought, looking at the potions. And Recovery Girl wouldn't be back for another little bit sooo....

He placed the potions on the counter next to her bed "Ochaco?" He called out. There was no response. "Ochaco?" He said but a little louder. Still, there was nothing. Quickly looking around, he took a deep breath and went full Angel, the halo wings and robe.

Resting his hand right above her chest as his eyes began to glow bright green. "Rvevihv gsv vuuvxgh lu gsvhv dlfmwh zmw ivgfim svi gl svi mlinzo hgzgv." 

Pink energy flowed around Ochaco and her wings grew a little bit was well as her tail, a notable difference being the spikes on her tail and wings. The horns on her head also grew and her fangs became noticeable. Her hair also became longer with the tips being bright pink. One thing that surprised Deku was that she had marks all along her arms and one on her cheek.

The mark looked like small branches of Sakura but instead of flowers, it was the leaves. Her clothing changed too, it had morphed into some kind of battle armor. 

"Is this her true form?" He thought out loud, examining her. After a few more seconds, he looked at her back and noticed the wounds have healed completely. When Deku retracted his hand, her full Demon form disappeared and her clothes went back to her pajamas. Her horns and the extra spikes as well as her markings also disappeared.

Deku leaned down towards her face and placed his fingers right under her nose, feeling her breath and smiling. She'll be alright.

He sat down next to her torso on the bed and intertwined their fingers, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. He smiled as he looked at her calm expression.

"Everything we know about you guys... Is wrong."

Deku grabbed a nearby blanket and then placed it over her with a smile and reverted back to his human disguise. He knew deep down that she was kind. Even when he first fought with her, she wasn't fighting to kill him despite what she said, all she wanted was to buy Eri time to flee.

But he also caught something else when he was around her. He already knew this feeling. He just didn't think it would happen so soon, given as he's only known her for a day.

Love works in mysterious ways.

"How is she?" Looking up, he saw Recovery Girl looking at him with a smile. "I was able to heal her, but she's sleeping right now." The lady nodded and walked towards the Demon and placed her hand on her forehead and the other on her neck "her fever is gone, and her pulse is steady. But she'll need to stay here for the night."

"Should I stay too?"

Recovery Girl chuckled "it's alright, it isn't the first time one of her fights has turned out like this." "What do you mean?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. "This young lady always throws herself into danger to protect this village, she always ends up getting injured in some way or another. No regard for her safety this one."

Izuku gently squeezed her hand "you sure she'll be alright here?" "Yes yes, now you better get going home, it's late." He nodded and stood up, hesitantly sliding his hand from Ochaco's. "I'll come check on her tomorrow if she's still asleep."

As he left, he looked back at Recovery Girl who was taking notes and examining Ochaco for other injuries. Why must I fall for the one being I can't be with?

-----

Izuku decided to go to Ochaco's house just to check on Eri, he knew Mrs. Smith was there and so was Freki, and assumably Geri as well, but just to be sure he went. When he arrived, he noticed some candles were still lit and he slowly opened the door, only to be met with Geri who was wagging his tail and Mrs. Smith who was doing some dishes. 

She looked back and smiled "ah, you're here, is Ochaco alright?" Izuku nodded "that's good, I'm finishing up with some dishes then I'll be on my way. Can you check up on Eri? She's in the room down the hall to the left."

Nodding, Izuku followed her directions and when he came across the door, he slowly opened it and noticed a small lump under the covers. As he approached, he heard some sniffling. "Eri?" When he said that, a head shot up from the lump, "I-Izuku?" "Eri, what's wrong?" He asked, kneeling down, allowing Eri to run to him and hug him.

"I-I'm scared... Usually... Ochaco i-is with m-me but she's not h-here! I'm scared!" Izuku wrapped his arms around her "don't worry, she'll be alright. She's just resting." Eri nodded and looked up at Izuku "c-can you stay with m-me tonight?" Izuku nodded "I'll be right here okay?"

Izuku picked up the girl and walked over to the bed and placed her under the covers and Eri grabbed his hand and gently pulled him in with her. Just then, the door opened and Freki and Geri entered and jumped on the bed, curling up at Izuku and Eri's feet. Thankfully, the bed was big enough for all of them.

"Alright, guess they're coming in too," Izuku faced Eri and pat her head "sleep tight Eri."