Chapter 24: A Demon's Flashback

Ochaco sat on the floor, frozen in fear. The source of all her misery was standing right there. She was terrified. 

---------

"What would you like for breakfast Ochaco?" Uriel asked, at the stove. Ochaco giggled with a smile "pancakes!" Uriel chuckled and pat her head "what about you Eri?"  Eri just looked up from her high chair and babbled while pointing to Ochaco. "You want pancakes too?" Eri giggled and waved her arms around, her tiny wings starting to flap. 

Ochaco looked at Eri, then the picture of Ochaco's mom and birth dad, it was a picture of them when she was a baby. Right next to it was a picture of Ochaco who was now 10. They were holding Eri who was born a few months before the picture was taken. 

Nervously, she got down from her seat and went to her stepfather. She tugged at his robe and it caused the Angel to look down. "What is it sweet pea?" "Are you staying forever Mr. Uriel?" Uriel smiled and knelt. "Of course I am. I promised your mother I'd protect you and Eri. Now, I know it must be a little weird seeing your mom get married again and to an Angel no less, but I promise you, I consider you my own, and I'm not leaving you or Eri." 

Ochaco smiled as Uriel pat her head lovingly. "And if you wish, you can call me 'dad'." Her smile grew wider. Uriel continued with the pancakes as Ochaco flew to Eri and began to play with her. As Ochaco got Eri down from the high chair and onto the floor, she felt a shiver run down her spine.

She looked up at Uriel who was looking around. Just then, he stretched out his wings and lunged for the girls, wrapping his arms and wings around them at the same time. "Get down!"

An explosion was heard.

Ochaco grabbed her sister in her arms who stopped giggling and looked at Uriel nervously. "Everything is going to be fine girls. Stay calm." Uriel stood up but kept his wings covering his kids.

"Well, ain't this a pretty picture?"

"Abaddon." He hissed, summoning his sword. The Demon chuckled "in all my years... I've never seen an Angel in Hell." She leaned to the side and smirked, her eyes landing on Eri "and with a Hybrid child no less. Rumor has it those things pack quite a punch." Ochaco held Eri tighter. "My daughter is none of your concern."

Abaddon shrugged "it is. And whatever I want, I get."

Uriel clapped his hands and  Angelic runes appeared around him, and turned into a giant puff of smoke. He used the opportunity to grab Ochaco and Eri and flew away with them. "Papa? Is everything alright?" Ochaco asked Uriel, as he continued to look back "yes Ochaco everything is going to be just fine. I promise you- AGH!"

Ochaco looked at Uriel's left wing and noticed it was shot. There was a scorch mark on the tip and he was losing control and gliding down. He wrapped his arms and wings around the girls as he collided on the floor. Uriel panted and sat up, letting Ochaco and Eri on the ground gently, the baby Eri in her sister's arms. 

Ochaco looked up at Uriel. "Stay behind me." Ochaco nodded and held Eri tighter. Just then, there was a loud crash. Looking forward, Abaddon gently walked towards them, poking the tip of a knife she held

"I must say, that caught me by surprise. But your little antics are over. I'm taking the Hybrid with me." Uriel scoffed "no. Never in an eternity. Not as long as I'm alive." The Angel responded, spreading his wings to cover the little girls. "Oh." Abaddon started, looking disappointed "well, that can be easily arranged."

In less than the blink of an eye, Abaddon was right in front of Uriel, and the the motion of slashing him. Uriel was quick too. He countered with his sword and kicked her away. Abaddon did a backhand spring and blasted fire at him with the tips of her fingers. Uriel stomped on the ground and a wall of stone arose, then launched itself at the Demon. 

Uriel looked at his daughters and knelt, resting his hands on Ochaco's shoulders. "Ochaco. Promise me you'll look after Eri." Ochaco's eyes grew wide "I-I promise..." He smiled and leaned down, kissing Ochaco's forehead, then Eri's. "I love you both, so much. More than you'll ever know. May the light of my Father shine down upon you both."

Tears were streaming down his face. "Now fly."

Spreading her wings, Ochaco wrapped her arms around Eri and took to the skies. Eri looked around and, when she noticed her father was gone, began to wail. "Shhh. Shh... Calm down Eri."  She did her best, but Ochaco really needed comfort.

Looking back, she noticed Uriel and Abaddon fighting. He pushed her back and stretched his arms upward. There was a bright flash in front of Ochaco and she began to fly faster to it. She looked back, she noticed Abaddon with two swords.

One was right in Uriel's heart.

"DAAAAAAAAD!!!"

--------

That was the last time she saw him.

Ochaco saw red. 

"Oh my, it seems someone is angry." Andrealphus teased, stroking the fur on his vest.

Abaddon chuckled. "My, aren't you all grown up, Ochaco." She stood up and her full Demon form emerged, her eyes glowing pink and her hair flowing upwards. 

"F tfii jxhb qeb tloia ork oba tfqe vlro yilla Xyxaalk."

She put her hands up defensively. "Whoa, no need for your antics darling. I came here with... An ultimatum." Izuku tightly grabbed Ochaco's hand, silently telling her to calm down. "And that is?" He asked, gripping Ochaco's sword. 

"I will set forth a blizzard upon your town. However, if you wish for the suffering to end, you must hand over Eri."

"Like Hell I'd give her to you!" She retorted, her wings flaring.

"Oh... What a shame. I was hoping we were to do this the easy way." Abaddon snickered, and nodded to Andrealphus who raised his hand, and the blizzard appeared and began moving towards the village.

"This will only end when you hand over Eri. Until then... Have fun with your human popsicles."