Chapter 12: A Demon's Explanation

Ochaco woke up on a semi-hard bed. One she knew all too well. She knew right away she was at Recovery Girls' place. As she opened her eyes, she looked around and saw no one there. That was strange. Wasn't Izuku right there beside her? Is he back at the inn? What about the villagers? Are they alright? What about Eri?

ERI!

Ochaco sprung out of the bed and realized she was still in her pajamas. Ochaco ran out of the infirmary and down the road. It was only then she noticed it was still dark outside, but the rays of the sun were illuminating the tip of some mountains in the distance. She did try to fly, but they were sore and she couldn't be in the air for more than a few seconds. 

She sprinted all the way to her house and as she burst through the front door, she looked around desperately for her sister. "Eri?!" There was no response. The Demon ran to the kitchen and down the hall and burst into her and Eri's room with a fireball at the ready.

But she froze.

Her fireball slowly disappeared as she became more relaxed. On her bed, she saw Izuku spooning Eri as she was holding a small doll. Geri and Freki were curled up at Izuku's feet but they slowly opened their eyes and saw Ochaco at the doorway and they wagged their tails.

Ochaco gently walked over and grabbed the covers and put it over Eri and Izuku's shoulder. She smiled glad I have someone watching over Eri. Ochaco turned around and exited the room with her hounds close behind.

As she walked towards the kitchen, she contemplated on what to make Izuku and Eri for breakfast, "what do you guys think I should make them?" Geri sat down and scratched his ear and Freki just stared at her. "Maybe a dish from Hell?" She asked herself, placing her hand on her chin "maybe I should make them some Manicotti."

Ochaco rummaged through her cupboards and saw she had all the ingredients she needed. She then turned to Geri and Freki "Mxqoli qeb sfiixdb. Jxhb prob qeb Qolii albp klq obqrok. Qoxzh fq altk." The Hellhounds let out a snort and ran out of the house and into the village.

Ochaco turned to her pots and pans and began to cook, using her powers and her extra limbs. After almost an hour, and the sun being in the sky, the dish was ready. Ochaco placed the dish on some plates and gently placed them on the table along with some utensils. She then heard some footsteps and a tired yawn. She made her wings and tail disappear as she faced the hallway.

In the dimly lit passage, she saw Izuku holding Eri with one arm and rubbing his eyes with the other, Eri was rubbing her eyes and sniffing the air "good morning you two, did you both sleep well?" Eri nodded and nuzzled into Izuku's shoulder and he smiled "sorry to drop in un-announced, after that Troll I decided it would be best if I checked on Eri."

Ochaco smiled "thank you for doing so, please, come eat. I decided to make you guys a dish from Hell."

Izuku walked to the table and sat down, placing Eri on the chair next to him "wow, this smells so good, what's it called?" "Manicotti. Think of it like meat wrapped in some pasta dough and topped with tomato sauce and spices. Please, eat as much as you'd like. I can always make more."

Izuku nodded and gently grabbed the fork and the knife, and began to eat. "Mmmm! This is amazing! This comes from Hell? It tastes so good!" Izuku looked up at her and smiled, his mouth  covered in red sauce "you're an amazing cook Ochaco!" 

Ochaco smiled brightly "thank you, I'll make it more if you both like it so much." Eri kept eating happily. Ochaco sat down at her spot and began eating her food with a smile. After a bit, Izuku hesitantly looked at Ochaco "are you alright?" She looked up at him and nodded "yes, I'm feeling much better." "Are you sure? You were hurt pretty badly yesterday." "Izuku I'm fine, okay?"

The boy hesitantly nodded "and besides, it'll take a lot more than Holy Water to kill me." Izuku seemed a little more reassured by this and smiled weakly "alright. So what do we do now?" "Well, it's early morning so I usually patrol the village, after that I go around and see if anyone needs help with anything, if not, I just hang around. But I might need to patrol a little longer today."

"Why is that?" Eri asked curiously, taking another bite of her food.

"Yesterday... I felt an astonishing amount of Celestial Force around here, so I'm guessing it's a high-ranking Angel. That means that there is an Angel nearby."

"What's Celestial Force?" Eri asked, looking at Ochaco "Celestial Force is the magic Angels use. Us Demons have Demonic Magic, humans have Alchemy, and Angels have Celestial Force." "How can you tell if it's a high-ranking Angel?" Izuku asked, Ochaco looked at him "well, the higher the Angel is ranked, then the more Celestial Force they emit, even in my state, I could still sense that it was a lot. More than I've ever felt. So I'm guessing it's a Seraph." 

"Could you take one on?" 

She shook her head. "Seraphims are way stronger than I am. My mother was what we call an 'Overlord'. So we're strong, but not 'take on a Seraph' strong." "So what's a Demon's power hierarchy like?"

"It goes something like this:
-Lucifer
-His wife Lilith and daughter Charlie, 
-Seven Deadly Sins
-Ars Goetia/Knights of Hell
-Overlords
-Sinners
-Hellborns
-Imps and Hellhounds"

"So compared to Angels, how strong are Overlords?" Izuku asked, leaning in more. Ochaco sighed "at our peak, we could theoretically beat Archangels, but it would take a very long time and we aren't as strong as one. And since Eri's father was a strong Archangel, I had to give my Soul to balance out the power." 

"Who are the Ars Goetia and the Knights of Hell?" Eri asked, wiping her mouth with a napkin. Ochaco faced her sister and blew some smoke into the air, causing the images of what appeared to be a royal family that resembled birds. "The Ars Goetia are very strong Demons who are known for their Demonic Magic, even if they aren't physically strong, they make up for it with spell-power. The Knights of Hell are a legion of fierce warriors trained by Cain to protect Lucifer. Even if they aren't as strong as the Deadly Sins, they are very skilled fighters and can get the upper hand easily."

"So who could beat who?" Izuku asked, sounding a little concerned. 

"Sinners, Hellborns, Hellhounds and Imps, might give an Angel a hard time but they won't beat it. Same with the Fallen Angels. Overlords can beat Archangels and vanquish Angels as well as Fallen Angels, Ars Goetia can beat Archangels easily and maybe cause some trouble for a Virtue. Same with the Knights of Hell. The Deadly Sins can take on a Virtue, and beat it. Lilith and Charlie can beat a Virtue and put up a good fight against the Ophanims, but they won't survive if it was an all-out battle. Lucifer, since he was one of God's closest and strongest Angels, can easily beat the Ophanim and Seraphim if he really wanted to."

Ochaco reached over and grabbed her cup and sipped the water "but they're stuck in Hell so you don't need to worry about Demons knocking on Heaven's door. And besides, it's not like we have any interest in Heaven." "But you sure know a lot about it." Izuku remarked, "well what do you think Demons do in Hell? Fight to the death all the time? No! We pick up a book or two.... Or hundred..."

"Could you beat an Angel Ochaco?" The girl looked at Izuku "fairly easily, but frankly, I don't want to. It's not like they aren't worth my time, but I just don't want to fight unless necessary. I'd probably just use restraining spells."

"But what about-"

Izuku was cut off with a lout bang. The three of them rushed to a window and saw what looked like a shooting star coming towards a field nearby. "What's that?!" Eri asked, looking at Ochaco "I-I don't know." 

"It's an Angel unwillingly falling to Earth." Izuku answered, grabbing his bag and running out the door, the girls following along with the Hellhounds who appeared.