Chapter 22: A Demon's Love

Ochaco was riding Izuku's horse back to the village, with Geri and Freki close behind. She gently gripped the reigns "I bet he had such a wonderful date planned too..." The horse looked back at her with worried eyes. "Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be back soon. I just need to be patient." She looked in the direction that Castiel took him "I'm just worried that the Angel that took him will hurt him."

Ochaco saw the village in the distance and sighed "come on. Let's go Katsu." She said to the horse. Katsu snickered and ran to the village.

----

As soon as she arrived back at the stables, she hopped off Katsu and grabbed his reigns, and guided him to his pen where he went inside after Ochaco took off the equipment that helped him ride, or 'tack' as Izuku called it. She hung them on the rack and snapped her fingers, the brushes going to groom Katsu and the hoof pick going to tend to his hooves. She went to the back and grabbed some hay and a bucket of water. Looking back at Katsu, she smiled and hung the bucket of water on the door and put the hay on a ledge next to it.

"There," Katsu whined and then began to eat the hay as Ochaco stroked his snout. She sighed and turned her heel and walked out of the stables and ran to the inn where she sensed Eri. Ochaco walked into the inn and saw Tsu, Eri, Kota, and Mrs. Smith. They were making apple pie. "I'm back." She said with a smile. "Oh! Already? How was your date?" Tsu asked, wearing her apron while she began to fill the dough mold with the apple mixture. Eri looked up and ran to her sister. "You're back! You're back!" "Hey, Eri." Ochaco wrapped her arms and wings around Eri. "I've missed you."

Ochaco placed Eri on the ground and she ran back to Tsu and the pie. Mrs. Smith was on a nearby chair reading the recipe and telling the girls what to do. Kota meanwhile was at the oven and putting some logs under the fire. Tsu noticed Ochaco's expression and made an excuse and left with her friend.

"What's wrong? Where's Izuku? I thought he was with you." Ochaco sighed "an Angel named Castiel took him away to chat. He said that he'd bring Deku back but I'm worried." Tsu pat her friend's shoulder comfortingly "it's okay. I'm sure he'll be fine." Ochaco leaned into her friend's touch. 

Just then, they heard someone running towards them. Looking back, it was Izuku. "See? What'd I tell you?" Ochaco sighed in relief "I'll give you both some privacy. Bye-bye." She said walking back to the inn.

Izuku caught up with Ochaco and embraced her tightly. "Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." She smiled "no worries, your horse is back at the stable and the picnic is packed up... I just wish we could've hung out longer." The boy smirked. One Ochaco knew too well.

"Who says we can't~?"

-------

They were cuddling in bed. It was around midnight and the only thing lighting up the room was the glow of the moon. Eri and Kota spent the night in Tsu's Inn and were being watched over by Geri and Freki. Looking to her side, she noticed that Izuku was asleep, but he was spooning her.

She tried to get up, but she winced. She looked over at her lover "really did a number on me." She smiled and looked at her stomach. "Shame your kind can't get me pregnant... I would like to have kids with you." 

"Same."

She looked back at him and his eyes were fixated on her. He smiled "can you get up?" She shook her negatively. Izuku winced. "My bad." She rolled her eyes "you're not sorry." He stopped for a moment, then smiled "no... I'm not."

She snapped her fingers and their pajamas appeared on both of them. Instead of walking, Ochaco decided to just float around and continue. It was early in the evening and Tsu had let her know that Kota and Eri were going to be sleeping over so they could eat their pie for breakfast.

Ochaco wanted a small snack before bed. Izuku had taken all of her energy, (not that she was complaining) so she needed some energy. Although she had a lovely time with him, it pained her that they couldn't have kids. She sighed but accepted that as reality. After all, they could just adopt. 

She arrived in the kitchen and scoured the cabinets for food and found a small loaf of bread with some jam next to it. She reached up and began to make a small jam sandwich to eat. Spreading the jam on the slice of bread with a small silver knife, she made sure to cover most of the surface. She placed everything back where it went and brought the small slice to bed, laying down next to Izuku who was asleep. 

She nibbled on the bread and jam, holding it with one hand and petting Izuku's green hair with the other. Ochaco finished her food and gently laid down and nuzzled next to him, trying to sleep.

Before she could though, she felt a presence. 

She looked up and noticed a bright white light at the edge of the bed. She sat up and stretched her wing in front of Izuku. "Who are you?" She asked, but she got no response from the entity. "Why are you here?" She asked again, but still, no response. Instead, the entity approached Izuku's side of the bed. 

Ochaco gently pushed him behind her and looked sternly at the glowing light "don't hurt him." The entity stopped for a moment. Ochaco didn't understand what was happening. What was this entity? Why was it here? Who was it sent by?

The entity hovered to her instead and she got a little stiff, but held her ground. She stretched her hand out as if to try and scare it away, but it hovered closer. As it got closer, she slowly retracted her hand. The light glowed a bit brighter and a part of it wrapped around her hand. When it touched her skin, she felt a sense of calmness around her. Her wings lowered and she unexpectedly smiled. It felt like the entity was telling her it was going to be okay. 

She believed it.

She doesn't know why, but something told her that it meant well.

-----

Ochaco bolted upright, disturbing Izuku who was spooning her as he opened his eyes and looked at her. "Ochaco are you alrig-..." He stopped mid sentence. "Why are you crying?"