Chapter 9: An Angel's Aid

"I-Izuku! Get- Get away!"

The boy shook his head and jumped down, sliding on a pillar and landing on the ground safely. Looking at the Troll that was still reeling from the explosion, he ran toward Ochaco who was kneeling on the ground. "Take it easy," he said, sitting her down between his legs and leaning her on himself.

She whimpered from the contact between her back and his shirt and that caused Izuku to look at her back. "You're burnt!" She chuckled sadly "t-that Trol-ll's club was l-ac-ced with... Holy W-Water..." 

Holy Water? 

Izuku looked back up at his room and noticed Serafina was still there, observing the situation as if it was some sort of play. She must've summoned the Troll and laced the club with Holy Water. "You'll be fine Ochaco... Just rest." Ochaco shook her head "I'm fi-ine. Just... Just burnt an-nd ma-aybe have a s-small concu-ssion.."

Ochaco took a shaky breath in and sighed. "I got-ta protect... Village..." She grabbed her Demonic Sword and pointed it toward the Troll who was now on its feet and walking toward them. "Izu-ku... Get- Get back." Izuku smiled and shook his head, raising his arm that was holding the other bottle. 

Izuku threw the potion at the foot of the Troll. Confused, the Troll looked down and noticed green liquid pooling at his feet and simmering. It laughed and stepped on it, but as soon as that happened, roots began to grow from the green liquid and wrap around the Troll, binding it in place and twisting its wrist to the club that was now on the ground, thrashing in fury. 

Izuku looked down and saw Ochaco's smiling face "n-nic-ce..." Just then, her eyes rolled back and she passed out on him. Hearing some panting, he noticed Geri and Freki running to them. "Oh, hey." The Hellhounds stopped right next to them and sniffed her arms "she'll be okay, she just needs some rest." Izuku looked at her house "why don't you both go check on Eri and the other villagers?"

Geri ran back to Ochaco's house and Freki ran into the village. The Angel placed his hand on her forehead and began healing her of her burns and her concussion. Izuku sighed and looked up at Serafina who was hovering over the ground, facing the two teens. "So. You satisfied now?" He snarled at the Seraph, looking at her directly in the eyes.

"You were so concerned with Ochaco harming the humans that you released a Troll into the village... Just to see how she'd react?! Do you know how many humans you put in danger?!"

Serafina sighed "I could have stopped the Troll's assault at any point. So there is no point in dwelling about it." Izuku clenched his teeth and held Ochaco closer to him "are you happy now? Do you trust Ochaco enough to let her live? Or does she need to get burned a thousand times so you can understand she's not evil?!"

"Do not raise your tone with me Deku." "DO NOT PUT HUMANS IN DANGER SERAFINA!"

"What is going on?"

"What's all this shouting?"

"Oh my goodness is that a Troll?!"

Slowly, villagers came out holding oil lamps and candles, and noticed the scene. "Now, observe how the humans treat Ochaco." He said to Serafina, as she made herself invisible to the humans. Serafina flew behind Izuku and stayed there. 

"Oh my! Is everything alright?" Mrs. Smith asked, running towards Izuku and Ochaco. "She looks pale, and burnt... What happened?" "I was only here for the end of it but she was fighting a Troll, the club was laced with Holy Water and it hit her. I did my best to heal her with my potions but she's still burnt. And unconscious."

Mrs. Smith sighed "as long as she's alive, that's all that matters. What about you young man? Are you alright?" Izuku nodded and stood up, holding Ochaco in his arms "yeah. But I'll bring Ochaco to the nurse."

"I'll go check on Eri and do my best to take care of her while her sister is like this." 

Freki looked up at Izuku, then behind him and growled. Izuku followed Freki's gaze as he jumped in front of Izuku, and faced Serafina, "he thinks you're going to hurt her." He stated, and Serafina looked at the Hellhound curiously "and he does not harm you? Hellhounds can sense Angels you know."

Izuku nodded "I know. But Ochaco says that Hellhounds are like loyal dogs. They won't harm anyone unless they're told to or sense danger." He looked up at Serafina "and right now, Freki identified you as dangerous." Izuku looked at Ochaco "I've got to get her to the infirmary. I suggest you go back to Heaven and give your report to Castiel."

"You realize that if I do that, the full wrath of Heaven will come down upon not only Eri and Ochaco, but you as well."

"Ochaco has the same values as we do: Protect the humans. Is it so wrong to let her keep protecting this village? And besides, I already promised you that I'd keep an eye on her." "You are a curious case, you realize that? I will simply tell Castiel that everything is alright and you are taking some time to research humans. It's not exactly a lie," she said with a small smile.

"Thank you Serafina."

"Do not make me regret my decision Deku. I am trusting you with this." And with that, Serafina disappeared. Freki looked at Izuku and smiled, wagging his tail "yeah, we're safe." Izuku turned around and began walking to the infirmary, Ochaco in his arms.