Chapter 25: An Angel's Care

"What?! But- But all those innocent people!" Izuku yelled, baring his teeth at the Demons. They shrugged. "Yes. That is kind of the point of an ultimatum," Andrealphus started "we make people suffer if you don't do what we want. It's classic negotiation my dear." Izuku became offended "so you'd put innocent beings in danger just to get what you want?!"

"Yeah that about sums it up."

"You wanted to know why God locked us all away?" Ochaco began, not even looking at her boyfriend "because of Demons like them." Izuku began to get angry. Abaddon chuckled "the blizzard is going to remain on the village until you give up Eri. So you must make a choice. Save the humans, or save your sister." Andrealphus snickered.

"I am very excited to see how this all plays out. Well, best of luck to you darlings." With an evil cackle, the Demons left.

"GET BACK HERE AND FIGHT YOU COWARDS!" Ochaco screeched, getting ready to go after them. Before she could, Izuku grabbed her arm and pulled her towards him. "Ochaco, babe, relax. Right now we need to focus on the others." Izuku cupped her face and smiled " I can look for them on my own but the village needs you to protect them."

Sighing, she nodded and sent him a soft smile "you're right. Thanks." He picked her up and mounted Katsu, and cracked the reigns, causing the stallion to start running back to the village. "We should hurry and tell them the news." Ochaco sighed "they'll most likely ask Eri and I to leave town. Hopefully, the blizzard will stop bugging them."

Ochaco sighed and went back to her human form, and began to cuddle with Izuku. "I'm sorry I dragged you into this mess Deku." He smiled "don't be. I'd follow you to the ends of the worlds to be with you." Izuku noticed her smile as she looked ahead. 

------

"Gather around everyone." Izuku said, as everyone gathered in the Great Hall. Izuku and Ochaco were up on stage, as everyone in the village sat down in a chair. "I know you all must be confused about the sudden blizzard in the middle of the summer, and it pains me to say this but... Demons are attacking." 

There were many murmurs and whispers that followed. "And on top of that, I.... Can't beat those Demons. One of them is an Ars Goetia, which is Demon Royalty. And the other..... Is Abaddon." The whispers continued. "Therefore... I was given an ultimatum. Either I hand over Eri to Abaddon, or this blizzard will never end."

The murmurs got louder and everyone began whispering to one another.

"Well, there is only one thing to do." One of them stated when the murmurs died down. Ochaco held her breath. "We must all bring out the winter clothing and prepare for hunker down as if it was a regular blizzard in winter."

Ochaco seemed confused, but Izuku smiled "wait... Eri and I... Can stay?" "Well of course!" Mrs. Smith said with a laugh. "You've done so much for us these past few years, we're not going to let those Demons take away Eri or you."

Izuku smiled and gently nudged Ochaco "see? Told you there was nothing to worry about." The Demon smiled and looked back at the crowd. "I promise I'll do my best to stop the Demons terrorizing the town, no matter the cost."

The villagers immediately got to work, gathering resources and moving what they could farm indoors to a room in the Great Hall. Since the building was the most insulated and had room for everyone, they could be able to easily harvest crops and spend the nights in the building. 

Izuku did what he could with his potions, and secretly asked Kota to help him put a spell on the crops to help them grow. Looking outside at the snow fall, he sighed. "I'm worried too big brother." Kota said, noticing his brother's mood. "To be honest Kota," he started, still not looking averting his gaze from the window "I'm terrified. I don't know what's going to happen, but Ochaco can't beat Abaddon or Andrealphus. They're too strong. I want to help her, I really do. It's just I'm scared of what'll happen when she finds out the truth about me."

Kota smiled "I'm sure she'd love you all the same. She isn't the kind of being that would judge others. And besides, she's really understanding and helpful. You should have a little more faith in her." Izuku smiled "you're right Kota."

-------

"I'm back!" Ochaco yelled, walking through the front door of the Great Hall, covered in snow and ice. As soon as he heard her voice, Izuku quickly grabbed a nearby blanked and rushed to her.  "Ochaco I told you you shouldn't go out!" Izuku draped the blanket over Ochaco who was shivering. "I-I'm f-f-fine..." Just then, she sneezed.

"You're sick." He stated as she shook her head and slowly backed away. "N-No! I-It-s a r-regular s-s-sneeze.. Atchoo!" Crossing his arms, Izuku raised an eyebrow. He noticed Ochaco pout and turn away. "I-I'm n-not s-sick!" Izuku looked at her closely and noticed her cheeks and forehead getting red. Stepping forward and putting his palm on her cheek and then forehead, he sighed.

"You have a fever. Come on. Let's go." Forcefully, he picked her up. "H-Hey! *sniff* Put me d-down! I-I'm *small sneeze* N-not s-sick!" "Uh-huh. All that sniffling says otherwise Ochaco," he started, walking down a hall to her and Eri's room. "You've been going out for hours on end for the past three months in a blizzard. You're going to get sick and it looks like you are, and besides, you haven't been feeling well for a bit either. I've always noticed you getting headaches frequently, and how tired you are. Now it's catching up to you so you need rest!"

She huffed once more. Izuku walked into her room and placed her on the bed, and went to the kitchen to grab a bucket of warm water in one hand and a towel and an empty bucket. Izuku hurried back into the room and sat down on a chair next to the bed and soaking the towel in the warm water. He then squeezed it over the empty bucket and some of the excess water drains into the bucket. Izuku then placed it on her forehead and she sighed. 

Ochaco grumbled, but before she could speak out, he watched her face go pale and with her tale, grab the bucket and hurl. Izuku sighed and pat her back. "See?" He said, standing up and walking out "sick."

He hurried down the hall and grabbed some water and rushed back to her. Ochaco wiped her mouth with a small cloth she had and sighed. "A-Alright..." She started, Izuku handing her the glass of water "I'm sick." Then, she threw up again in the bucket. Izuku pat her back and smiled. "It'll be okay. I'll send Geri and Freki to patrol and go out myself. Right now, you need to rest. You have a pretty bad fever." She huffed in annoyance. "In the meantime, I'll take care of you, okay?" He grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it.