Chapter 23: An Angel's Sensation

Ochaco turned to him and felt her cheek, and she felt tears. "I- I'm crying? Huh. I don't know why I'm crying... Maybe it's just a dream I had?" He smiled and rested his chin on her shoulder "alright, what do you want to do now? We have the house to ourselves for a bit. Want me to make you breakfast?" She smiled and leaned into him "I still can't walk, so yes." 

Izuku chuckled and picked her up "watch your wings and tail." Instead, Ochaco just retracted them until they disappeared. She smiled, wrapped her arms around his neck, and cuddled in close as Izuku walked down the hall and into the kitchen. "Anything you want specifically?" He asked, setting her down on a chair and putting on an apron. The Demon shrugged "anything is fine." Giving her a nod, Izuku gathered the ingredients to make waffles.

Izuku felt a small chill run down his spine. Thinking that it was just the early morning wind, he thought nothing of it and went back to baking.

Once in a while, Izuku would glance at her and see what she was doing. Usually, she was using her powers to brew tea or read a book. But she always looked so calm and peaceful. He wanted to blurt it out at that moment. Tell her that he was an Angel sent to kill her and Eri. He wanted to tell her that she could be in grave danger or be killed at any moment. But he couldn't for some reason. 

He stopped mixing the batter for a second and looked back at her. She was reading a book that had strange characters on the front. She flipped the page and took a sip of her tea. The book must be in Demonic. He deduced, taking note that he couldn't read it. She flicked her eyes up at him "what?" Izuku quickly whipped his head around "n-nothing." 

He sighed and poured the batter onto a pan made for waffles and it began to simmer. He had to do it. He had to tell her the truth. 

"Ochaco, I-"

"Now, protocol compels me to either kill or apprehend a Demon. However, since there is a Hybrid, I'll need to take her life."

He stopped. If I tell her she'd remember that day. Would she even accept me after that? Would what we have disappear? Would she still love me?

His vision began to blur. He clutched the ladle tightly as the tears gently ran down his face. He wanted to wipe them, but he felt arms wrap around his waist. Looking behind him, Ochaco was there giving him a hug while her tail rose up and wiped his tears. She didn't say anything. She just stood there with her arms around him. Izuku slowly turned around and hugged her back and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"Better?" She whispered. "Better." He replied, a smile on his face. Ochaco flicked her hand up and the lid of the waffles came up and a plate floated to the waffle and the it floated on to the plate and back to the table. Ochaco grabbed the bowl and poured the next batch onto the iron.

As soon as Ochaco left the embrace, he felt the same shiver down his spine. He looked around, but there was nothing. Odd... 

He put on his smile and and thought back to their moments together as a couple, but for how long? He asked himself. He sighed. "After the pancakes, do you want to cuddle?" He nodded, averting her gaze. She went on the tip of her toes and kissed his cheek. "If there's anything you want to talk to me about, then you can." He smiled "I know."

As soon as the waffles were done, they sat down at the table and began to eat the food and talk about their plans for the day. In the middle of his sentence, Izuku stopped abruptly. He had felt a shiver down his spine. A literal shiver. Like he was cold. Ochaco noticed his sudden change and tried to speak, but when she breathed out, she saw a small cloud of white leave her mouth.

They both looked at each other.

Izuku's hair on his arms stood up and Ochaco looked at her own. Izuku looked back at the window, and noticed some frost starting to cover it. "It's the middle of August..." Izuku quickly put on a jacket and ran outside, being followed by Ochaco. 

As soon as they stood outside, the temperature dropped more and the clouds over their heads began to darken. The winds became cold and everyone began to shiver. "This explains why I've been shivering since this morning." Izuku breathed out. "Doesn't explain why it's gotten so cold."

"Ochaco!" 

The teens looked ahead and saw the entire village walking towards them with most of them huddling together with blankets. It was Tsu that called out for her friend, cradling Eri in her arms and holding Kota's hand. "What's going on?" She asked. Ochaco walked out to her "I'm not sure. But I'll go check it out. For now, gather in the Great Hall, Geri and Freki will go fetch firewood, and some blankets to help keep warm."

"I'll help look too," Izuku said, stepping closer to her. Ochaco nodded. "Alright. Geri, Freki. You're in charge, make sure the animals are warm and the humans are safe." Ochaco summed her wings and Izuku whistled, Katsu running towards him without his tack.

Ochaco snapped her fingers and Katsu had all his gear, with the addition to a blanket and some battle armor. Izuku mounted and Ochaco tossed him her Demonic Blade.  "We'll be back before you know it." He said as they both headed out.

I don't like this... He thought to himself as they got further from the village. I can sense some strong entity here. "Ochaco I don't like this feeling. Something's wrong." Ochaco looked down at him and nodded "I can sense it too... Just be on guard."

It got colder. 

Ochaco looked ahead and she suddenly stopped. She hovered in place. "Ochaco is everything alright?" She slowly lowered herself to the ground and sat on her heels "n-no... T-There's no way..."

Izuku dismounted, "Ochaco what's wrong?" He tried reaching to her but her eyes were wide with fear. He grabbed her shoulders "Ochaco talk to me, what is it?"

It was like a blizzard hit. Snow and ice was pouring from the skies. Izuku used a potion to shield them, including Katsu who was trotting in place. Just then, there was a snorty laugh.

"Oh my. What do we have here?" Izuku heard some light footsteps coming closer on the stone, but it was also accompanied by some scraping noises. Talons? Claws? Izuku wondered, holding Ochaco closer to him.

"Cut it out. You know why we're here." Another one? He wondered. 

"No way. Do my eyes deceive me? Is that... A Human being accompanied by a Demon? And an Overlord no less." "You don't say." Izuku looked to Ochaco and noticed that she was hyperventilating. He stood up and got the sword at the ready.

He noticed two Demons approaching. One of them was pale white and blue. They had a pale blue fur vest and light blue hair with a turquoise crown. The cape he wore looked like that of a peacock and it was dragging behind them. The Demon's eyes were baby blue and the skin was white as snow. The other Demon looked like Ochaco but older and their hair was longer. they wore a black leather vest and ripped dark blue jeans. Their wings were black and they were small, but big enough to help the Demon fly.

The bird Demon smiled wickedly and put their hand to their chin. "I suppose an introduction is an order. I am Prince Andrealphus of the Ars Goetia. This right here is the fabulously-powerful Demon, Abaddon. Pleasure."