Chapter 28: A Demon's Awareness

As she laid in bed, she looked up at the ceiling. Ochaco hated the feeling of helplessness. Not being able to do anything, help anyone, it sickened her. Kota and Eri would frequently visit her for the past few hours, wondering how she was doing and taking care of her. Other villagers would also do the same and keep her updated. Some of them even said that it looked like the storm was weakening.

She also noticed the tingling feeling that someone was watching her closely, or, maybe something else. She asked Recovery Girl about her health and reported that her fever had gone down and her health was restored. But the vomiting wasn't natural for a cold, the nurse had also taken notice of her gain in weight. 

Could I be...?

Ochaco shook her head. She couldn't be pregnant. Izuku couldn't get her pregnant.

Ochaco just passed it off as a stomach bug for the sickness and how much she was eating in comparison to how often she was exercising. She was in bed for three months so it was natural for her to gain a bit.

She stood up and walked out of the room for the first time in a while. Her wings were spread a little to help keep balance and her hand rested against any solid object as she made her way down the halls. She looked rather tired. "K-Kota..!" She said, seeing the boy sitting on the floor playing with some toys. He snapped his head up and smiled. "You're out of bed!" He yelled, flying to her. Immediately, he wrapped his arms and wings around her. "Hey, I missed you, how are you doing?"

Kota smiled brightly "good, I'm doing good." He let go of her and grabbed her hand and clung to her side, Ochaco leaned on the small Angel as he supported her and allowed her to walk more comfortably down the hall. "Eri and Mrs. Smith are around, helping the others. Oh! The farmers said that the plants are growing nicely and that everyone is keeping their spirits up." "That's good."

"Hey, Ochaco?" "Yes, Kota?" "Why are you fat?"

Ochaco stopped and choked on her spit for a second. "W-What?" She asked, with an 'are you serious' face. Kota nodded to her stomach "ya look bloated. Did you swallow a melon or somethin'?"

She chuckled "no no, it's because I was in bed for three months, so I haven't been losing weight. Since I'm feeling better, I can exercise and lose a few pounds." Kota turned his head "you sure you aren't pregnant?" Ochaco shook her head. "I can't. Deku and I can't conceive because humans can't get Demons pregnant."

Kota froze "I'm sorry. You and Deku can't 'conceive'? What's that supposed mean?!"

Ochaco shut her mouth. "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that. Just... Just forget about it." 

Kota glared at her and it looked like he was about to pop a vein thinking about it. As they got to the end of the hall, the gears stopped turning and Kota's eyes grew wide.

"YOU BOTH HAD SE-!?" Ochaco covered his mouth with her tail. "Kota!" She whispered to him "you don't just go around yelling stuff like that! And it's not polite to go around sticking your nose into other people's business!" Kota sighed "fine, I'm sorry but that... That's just..." He shivered "I'm not gonna think of it anymore. But it's kinda awkward."

"Can we just change the subject!?" Ochaco blurted, looking away.

"Ocha? Are you okay?" They both looked ahead "Eri! Perfect timing!" The little girl looked confused "huh? Why?" She asked, tilting her head to the side. "It-It's nothing. But how are you?" The little Hybrid smiled "I'm okay. Me and some of the other kids were playing with some dolls and toy horses."

"Alright." Her eyes shifted to the outdoors "has Deku come back yet?" Looking down, Eri shook her head "n-no. He l-left this morning. I saw him with another lady." "Another lady?" Ochaco asked, confused. Eri nodded "she was this tall" she stretched her arms as far up as she could go and mimicked her arms with her wings "and she had a white dress, and she had wings like Kota... But there were six of them!" "Six?" Ochaco and Kota both repeated, shocked. "Yeah!"

"A Seraph." Ochaco said out loud, after a few seconds of her thinking. "But why is she here?" Eri shrugged "I dunno. But they left and didn't come back yet." Ochaco looked at Kota. "I'll go find them. Deku could be in more trouble than he knows."

She took a deep breath and began walking towards the door, but she was stopped by Eri and Kota, blocking her with their wings and arms spread. "You can't!" Kota yelled, "you're still a little sick!" Eri added. Ochaco smiled. "I'll be okay." "No!" They both yelled as they jumped forward and hugged her. "Stay with us!"

Ochaco smiled and knelt. "I'll be fine, don't worry." Gently grabbing the back of their heads, she brought them in for a hug. "I'll be back before you know it." The Demon snapped her fingers and Freki appeared next to her "look after them boy." Barking happily, the Hellhound wagged his tail.

She stood up and walked out the door into the cold. Spreading her wings, Ochaco took to the air and began to fly. However, every few wingbeats, she would feel a slight pain her her sides, but she sighed my wings must be sore from not flying for a while.

The blizzard's cold wind and snowflakes continuously slammed against her, but she persisted. She wasn't about to let her boyfriend get hurt because of her problems. She flew as fast as her body would let her and as she got closer, she noticed the Seraph standing on her own in the field. Her arms were stretched upwards and Ochaco noticed that the blizzard was weakening from where she was standing and dissipating. 

Ochaco dove down and landed a few meters behind the Seraph. "Ah, you must be Uravity the Overlord." The Seraph said, turning and facing her with a smile. "It's a pleasure to meet you. My name is Serafina, I am a Seraph in case that was not obvious." Ochaco looked at her skeptically "my little sister said that she saw you leave with my boyfriend. Where is he?" She asked, her eyes glowing pink "your lover is fighting Abaddon with one of your Hellhounds. However I do not know which one. They look so much alike." 

Ochaco gasped and looked around. She noticed in the distance what looked like Izuku riding Geri while they fought Abaddon. 

Hang on, I'm coming.