Chapter 16: A Demon's Kidnap

Ochaco stretched in all directions before letting out a sigh. "That was a workout." She breathed out, cracking her knuckles. "I-I didn't know you were capable of doing something like that..." She smiled "well it's not like I go around doing big spells and such." She looked back to where the portal was "I'm just glad I was able to finish the fight as quickly as I did... Overhaul is very strong but also destructive."

She nodded to the mountain "that spell blasted through that mountain like it was nothing. If I would have used that near a village there would be casualties." "What's it called?" "The Spell With No Name. It was my mother's. One of the only spells I have from her."

"What's her name?" Izuku asked, looking at her "her name was Eclipsa. She was an Overlord that loved spells and she made a lot of them, but they were all spells for spying on people, destructive ones... And deadly ones. I use the spells yes, but only as a last-resort, I prefer hand to hand or sword combat." Ochaco jumped on Freki and Izuku mounted Geri, "we should get going to your village, we'll collect the villagers and then bring them home."

Izuku and Ochaco rode for about half a day of the backs of Hellhounds. They spoke the entire time and got to know each other. Ochaco found herself falling for the boy even more, however, she still got the feeling he was uncomfortable around her. Can't blame him. I'm a Demon. He's a human. It's not like our kinds were made to intermingle in the first place.

She looked down at Freki who was running happily along side Geri "we're almost there," Izuku said, looking at the village in the distance "the village is called Yuuei." Izuku gently pulled on the fur at the back of Geri's neck and he slowed to a stop, Ochaco mimicking his movements. "It'll be safer if we go on foot as humans."

Ochaco understood this and they both jumped off of the Hellhounds and onto the ground, Ochaco's wings and tail disappearing "ready?" He asked her, "y-yeah. Just a bit nervous." She took a deep breath as she and Izuku slowly approached the village of Yuuei.

-------

As they walked through town square, they saw many different people, some new to her, others she recognized as some of the members of the village. She smiled as they all gathered around her, giving her hugs and telling her stories of the past week.

"Ochaco!" She heard someone yell, looking back, she saw Tsu and Eri, walking hand in hand towards her. "Eri! Tsu!" Running to the duo, she embraced them tightly. "I missed you both so much, are you alright? Are you hurt anywhere?" "No, we're fine," Ochaco breathed a sigh of relief as she smiled "I'm glad." Behind her, she saw Izuku hugging Kota who wrapped his wings around them.

"Don't you ever scare me like that again!" Kota yelled at him, Izuku smiled in response and chuckled "alright alright." Izuku picked up Kota from under the arms and put him on his shoulders. 

Once the entire village gathered, Ochaco raised her hand and pressed her middle and index finger to her thumb, "shall we head home?" She asked then, but some villagers shook their heads. "It's almost night, we should wait until tomorrow before heading out." "He's right," "yeah," some of them added, and she nodded "alright, we leave at first light tomorrow."

Eri jumped on Ochaco's back and hugged her from behind. "Good night everyone." The villagers went to their respective places and as the sun began to set, Ochaco sat on the edge of the fountain in the center of the town and placed Eri next to her. "Hey Eri, want to see something cool?" She raised her hands into the air, palms facing upwards and smiled. 

"Xrolox Ylobxifp."

Just then, beautiful colours filled the sky, lines of green and pink, with a mix of purple and blue went across the night sky, illuminating the village. Eri stood up in awe. "Whoa! They looks like the rainbows from the books Tsu showed me!" Ochaco chuckled "they do dont they?"

Ochaco smiled and picked up her sister "let's get you to bed, you have a long day tomorrow."

Eri nodded and as Ochaco began walking back to the motel Eri was at with Tsu, she illuminated the unlit torches on the paths with her fire.

Tsu met Eri and Ochaco at the entrance of the inn, "I'm assuming that was your doing?" She asked, nodding to the sky. The Demon chuckled "guilty." Ochaco handed Eri to Tsu, "I'll leave her to you for the time being, I'm going to patrol around here for a bit." "Don't stay up too late Ochaco," Tsu said, adjusting Eri so she was sitting on Tsu's hips. 

"Bye Ocha!" Eri said with a smile as she waved to her sister, "I'll be back in a few minutes." She said, behind over to kiss Eri's forehead. Ochaco then summoned Freki and mounted him, the Hellhound running the perimeter of the village a few times, exploring the new area as well as looking for danger.

"Alright Freki, looks like the villagers can rest easy tonight. Good job today too." Freki stopped in front of the fountain and barked a few times in content, before allowing Ochaco to slide off his back and onto the ground. "I'll see you tomorrow." The Hellhound snorted once before burrowing back into the ground.

Good, it's time for me to get some re-

She didn't get to finish her thought, because someone had hit her over the head, knocking her out.