Chapter 4: A Demon's Tour

Ochaco smiled as she grabbed Eri's hand and began to walk into the village with Mrs. Smith. She looked back at Izuku "come on, let's go." He nodded and walked with them. Along the way, the villagers began to have small talk to Ochaco.

As they walked, a blacksmith waved to Ochaco "Ochaco! My fire went out again!" Ochaco smiled and blasted some fire at the furnace "thank you!" Just then, a baker came out holding a pastry "Ochaco! I'm trying a new recipe could you give it a try?" Ochaco nodded and grabbed a few pastries, one for Izuku, Eri, herself and Mrs. Smith who smiled and left. Ochaco nodded "it's good, just add a pinch more of sugar."

The baker nodded and ran back into the bakery. "Ochaco! The pigs got out again!" "Alright! I'll take care of it!" Just then, Ochaco stopped "what's wrong?" Izuku asked looking at her worried expression. She jumped behind Izuku, folded her wings, and tucked them tight against her body. She pressed her front side against his back and he whimpered.

"O-Ochaco w-wha-what a-are you do-doing?!" "Just hide me!" Eri and Izuku looked around, but then they heard some scampering. They looked in the direction of the sound and they saw a small group of kids looking about 4-7 was running around a small stone pillar waving sticks around as if they had conquered a monster. "Kids?" Izuku asked, looking at Ochaco. She nodded and gripped the back of his shirt "I love kids but all they ask me to do is fly them around and they pull my tail and wings!" She whispered to him.

He chuckled "that does sound unpleasant." She nodded "come on, we aren't far from Tsu's inn." 

They walked along the stone road, Ochaco still behind Izuku. "Hard to believe a Demon is scared of little kids..." Izuku muttered, but Ochaco heard "Hell yeah I'm scared! It's not fun having your tail pulled. And your wings twisted in uncomfortable directions." She sighed "I love spending time with them but seriously!"

Izuku chuckled and grabbed Eri's hand as they continued walking. Izuku and Ochaco were side by side but one thing she noticed was how tall he was. Even if they were almost at eye-level he was taller than her. And actually quite cute.

They arrived at a small house and entered, a bell ringing when the door opened. 

"Welcome to Tsu's Inn! What can I- Ochaco! You're back!" 

A girl with long green hair and dark green eyes ran right up to Ochaco and hugged her "it's so good to see you again Tsu! It's nice to see you're doing well." Tsu nodded and hugged her friend "you too, how are things? I saw that giant blast are you alright?" Ochaco nodded "yeah yeah just got a bit frustrated... But I'm alright now."

Tsu pulled back and looked at Eri "this must be Eri, I'm Tsu." Eri waved with a smile. Tsu looked at Izuku and smiled "whose this?" "Oh, this is Izuku. He's the one who cured Eri." He smiled and held his hand out "pleasure to meet you." "The honor is all mine. Thank you for what you did."

Tsu led them into the reception room. "So, what can I do for you guys?" "Well, I need a place to stay to make sure there aren't any side effects to the potion I gave Eri to heal her." "Well, you certainly came to the right place. I have some rooms open for you so take your pick. Also don't worry about payment. It's on the house." "What? I can't-" "It's alright."

Izuku smiled and looked at Ochaco "thanks," Ochaco smiled looked at Eri. "I should be the one thanking you." Tsu and Izuku finalized their plans and Izuku went to Ochaco "can I ask you something?" "Yeah, sure." "Why aren't the villagers... You know... Terrified of you?" Ochaco laughed and nodded to Eri who asked Ochaco if she could go play with Tsu.

"Why? Are they supposed to think I'm going to skin them alive and use their insides to make sushi?" Izuku blinked in confusion and it looked like he actually thought about it. "No! Of course not! Think of this as a symbiotic relationship. I provide protection, they give me and Eri shelter. I'm also good for some household chores. Cleaning is actually something I enjoy doing."

"So you don't have any plans for world domination? To enslave everyone?" "Could you stop assuming something ridiculous?! For the last time I don't want to kill, massacre, enslave, or do anything remotely bad to the humans! Izuku what made you think that I want to enslave the world?" She asked, a obvious hint of sadness in her tone.

"D-Demons are really p-powerful... C-Couldn't you d-do something like t-that easily?" He asked and Ochaco quickly responded "Angels are strong too. Are they going to enslave everyone just because they can do it if they want to?" "But aren't Angels supposed to protect humans?"

"Technically yes. They are supposed to be the heroes while us Demons are looked at as villains. " Izuku opened his mouth to say something, but Ochaco interrupted him before he could speak "however, if you look at the Angel's history, they've killed more humans than Demons did. They've killed more with the 10 Plagues of Egypt, the turning people to salt if they look back at their city, and when the Angel David killed the Hebrew's enemies. And that was only 185,000 alone. Don't even get me started about how many humans died during the 40 Day Flood. Even us Demons were like 'uh... Why would you do that?'"

She saw the confused look on Izuku's face, but then the shock as he realized that what she said was true. "I never thought of it like that..." Ochaco nodded "although I suppose God had a good reason to do it, but it just confuses me. But I don't want to meddle in Heaven's affairs. All I'm focused on is protecting Eri. Keeping her hidden and safe."

"But wasn't that giant pink blast coming from you? If I saw it from a little ways away I'm sure the Angels would have noticed it too." Izuku stated, looking at the door as if an Angel was about to barge through it. "Yeah, I'm honestly just waiting for an Angel to come barging into my house because they need to kill Eri." Ochaco said with a sigh.

"So why don't you move?" Izuku asked plainly.

Ochaco smiled "I love this town and it's people. I wouldn't move even if I'm forced too and besides, I'm tired of doing so. Eri and I have been on Earth for about 4 years now and out of those years we've moved at least 8 times. So at least twice a year. I've flown us great distances and I'm tired of it. So, I'll stand my ground if an Angel comes around."

"Hypothetically... What if the Angels already do know where you are?" She laughed "then they're wusses for not coming out and fighting me. Are they scared I'm going to soil their pretty white cloaks?" Ochaco laughed and sighed "no disrespect for the Angels though... They're just doing their job. I suppose if a being with a stereotype of doing bad things shows up in a place with beings you're supposed to protect you'd want them gone by any means necessary too."

Izuku and Ochaco looked at Eri who was playing with Tsu. "But that doesn't change anything. This place is my home. And I ain't leaving."