Chapter 2: A Demon's Past

Ochaco's eyes slowly opened, and the first thing she saw was silver hair. She smiled and patted her sister's head and sat up, flipping them over so Eri was resting on the couch. Ochaco stood next to her and kissed her forehead, before turning to the blanket that was bundled around her feet and she took two corners and draped it over Eri.

Ochaco turned around and the first thing she saw was a boy. About her age with messy green hair and beautiful green eyes. She stood there for a second, then she spoke "who are you and why are you in my house?" "O-Oh! I'm I-Izuku... And uh, I was traveling and I s-saw the blast and I-I came to h-help... I saw you both p-passed out on the g-ground and I uh... S-saved you..."

Ochaco took a step forward toward the boy and he immediately stepped back. She turned her head to the side in confusion, then looked at her tail and wings. "Oh, you think I'm gonna kill you because I'm a Demon?"

He nodded.

She sighed and waved her hand around "relax, I'm not going to hurt you or anything. I just wanted to thank you for what you did. Eri hasn't been doing well ever since she could talk and ever since our parents..." She sighed and looked at Eri "passed on, she's gotten worse. I've been looking for a cure ever since. So, I used my only option. I gave her my Soul. And it worked." She looked back at him "but then you came along."

She smiled "thank you for saving my sister, I really am grateful but... Why would you save me?"

"B-because you were in trouble... Where I come from, we help those in need." Ochaco smiled "thank you." Ochaco walked back over to Eri and adjusted the blanket, then placed her hand on her forehead her fever is gone.

She walked to the kitchen with Izuku close behind "you're really not gonna ki-" "No! Why would you say something so ridiculous? Not all Demons are as blood-thirsty as others say we are. It's more like one Demon did this and now every Demon is like that. We just want to be left alone. We won't bug you if you don't bug us kind of deal."

She pulled out a seat for him and he sat down, then she went to the small stone counter with some coal on it, and right above that was a small steel grate that was hung from the celling. Ochaco grabbed a nearby pot and put it on the steel grate, and then used her tail to grab a small bucket of water and pour it into the pot. She snapped her fingers and a small spark of pink fire emerged from her hand, then bounced to the coal and set it ablaze.

She looked back to Izuku "fancy a cup of tea?" He hesitantly nodded. Ochaco walked to the seat across from him and crossed her arms on the table "I haven't even introduced myself. I'm Ochaco by the way." "N-Nice to meet you." Ochaco took note of how much he stuttered "you're stuttering quite a bit... Are you alright?"

He avoided her gaze "I've never seen a D-Demon before and uh... Never had many interactions with g-girls..." She let out a small chuckle "by the way, I was wondering about your hair." Izuku sighed "figured you'd ask that. When I first started potions, I accidentally got the ingredients wrong so now my hair is green permanently. It used to be black."

"I see, anyways. What kind of tea would you like? I have chamomile, herbal, and green tea." He shrugged "green tea would be fine."

She nodded and stood up and walked to a cabinet and opened it, revealing a small wooden box with small bags of tea. She grabbed two bags of green tea and put them in the water which was simmering, but not yet boiled. She grabbed a spoon and then put it in the hot water and began to stir, "so Izuku, where are you from?"

"Oh! Uh... I live about a day's ride from here." Ochaco hummed in response and flicked her hand at the cabinet, and it opened with two cups coming out and setting themselves on the table, one in front of Izuku and the other right in front of where Ochaco was sitting. 

"Where do you come from?" He asked. Ochaco looked back at him and smiled "I'm from Heaven." Izuku blinked a few times and Ochaco snorted before beginning to laugh. "No silly, I was born and raised in Hell." He sighed "I'm not sure why I thought otherwise."

She smiled and sat back down in her seat. "So, tell me more about yourself Ochaco, why did you come here?" "I came here looking for a cure for Eri. And besides, we were being hunted in Hell." "Hunted?" "Yes, but to understand, let me tell you what happened form the beginning."

Ochaco raised her hand and flicked it upwards and the pot with the tea inside floated to Izuku, then lowered itself right above his cup and poured him some tea, then repeated the same with Ochaco. When it finished, it went to the sink and placed itself there right as the fire put itself out.

"My mother and father were both Demons. We lived in a small village and it was a very peaceful life. When there was a territory dispute my uncle had, my dad went to go help his brother despite my uncle objecting to the idea. My father went regardless. A few months later, we found out he died in the midst of the dispute. I was about 7. We were both very upset but we moved on after a while. My mother then found Eri's father when I was 10 and remarried. His name was Uriel. He loved my mother and took care of me. Later, they had Eri."

Her smiled faded slowly.

"When the other Demons found out that a Angel was seeing my mother and that they had a kid, they wanted to hunt her down for her power. Hybrids are strong, but unbalanced. That's why Eri was sick. Our mother looked for a cure while Eri's father protected and cared for me and Eri. Our mother died when Eri was 2, and Uriel did everything he could to protect me and Eri and it worked. We kept moving and kept out location hidden from everyone else. But in Hell, Demons get what they want. And soon word got to one of the most dangerous Demons in Hell: Abaddon."

"Whose Abaddon?" Izuku asked, taking a sip of his tea. Ochaco sighed "Abaddon is a Knight of Hell. Trained by Cain himself. Cain was the first human to be turned into a Demon when he killed his brother. Anyways, Abaddon found out and began hunting Eri. Uriel tried to protect us but Abaddon was too strong. He told me to leave, flee to the humans and keep hidden. He was able to teleport me and Eri here. But... I know he didn't make it. Eri and I were 13 and 3. We've been here ever since. I've been looking for a cure for about 4 years now."

"You're 17?" He asked, sounding surprised. "Yes, even if Demons can live for a long time we still age normally." She sighed and looked back at Eri who was still sleeping "Eri knows what happened... She just wishes she was able to remember him and mom."

Ochaco looked at Izuku "what about you? What's your family life like?" She asked, grabbing her cup and sipping her tea. He sighed "my dad is not around anymore so it's just me and my mom." "Oh.. I'm sorry to hear that." Izuku smiled "it's alright."

Ochaco finished her tea stood up, extending her wings and stretching. Her wings folded back "that was nice, anyways, I promised Eri I'd show her the village when she was healed, wanna come? It'll be a nice way to introduce you to everyone here."

Izuku nodded and finished his tea, seeing Ochaco walk over to Eri and gently nudge her awake. "Eri~ It's time to get uuupp~" Eri yawned and stretched, her wings extending to its fullest then settling back to where it was "mm. Morning Ochaco." She yawned and sat up "come on. Since you're all better I can take you out to the village now."

Eri nodded and yawned, then looked at Izuku who was walking to them "who are you?"

Izuku smiled "I'm just some guy who was just passing by." Ochaco knelt down to Eri, "he's the one who healed you." Eri smiled and jumped to Izuku and hugged his leg "thank you!" He smiled and looked at Ochaco "I'll need to stay for a little bit just in case something happens." Ochaco nodded "yeah of course, a friend of mine runs an inn so I think you can go there." 

Ochaco scooped Eri in her arms and smiled "ready?" "Yeah!" Ochaco and Izuku began walking to the door and Ochaco opened it. "Wait! You still have the wings and a tail!" Ochaco chuckled "it's alright."

They began walking along the dirt path to the village and Eri smiled and flapped her wings a few times, flying onto the ground and walking in between Ochaco and Izuku. When they arrived, all eyes were on them.