Chapter 26: A Demon's Sickness

Ochaco laid there in the bed, with the towel on her head and the bucket at her side, her puking every hour or so. She sighed and looked out the window, the town now full white. Izuku had forbidden her to even step outside of the room. She's always lost their little debates (even when the worst argument they've had was who should go out on patrol because Izuku wanted to do it but Ochaco refused), however, she knows he's doing it out of love because he cares for her. I'm so lucky to have a boyfriend like him. She thought with a smile. 

There was a knock on the door and Ochaco sat up with a slight struggle. "Come i-in." When the door opened, Mrs. Smith and Eri entered. The elderly lady held some soup and Eri had the utensils and another towel. "Hello, dearie. How are you?" Ochaco coughed and smiled "I've felt better..." Eri pouted and ran to her sister and jumped on the bed, hugging Ochaco.

"You'll get better soon, right? You're not sick like me right?"  Eri asked in a small and concerned voice. Gently, Ochaco raised her hand and placed it on Eri's head. "Relax, it's just a small fever. I'll be back in business in a few days."  Eri climbed off the bed as Mrs. Smith approached with the soup and placed it on a fold-out tray that would go over Ochaco's lap and act as a small table. 

"Eri Kota and I made vegetable soup for you dearie." She said, placing the soup on the tray and backing it up. "Thank you, it means a lot." Eri flew to Ochaco and kissed her cheek "feel better Ocha!" With a chuckle, Ochaco waved as she watched them both leave the room.  Grabbing the spoon, Ochaco began to slowly eat the soup She snapped her fingers and her teapot and a cup appeared, and it began pouring some tea for her.

However, when she reached her hand to try and grab it, she gagged. Quickly she grabbed the bucket and puked again. She huffed and snapped her fingers again, the bucket cleaning itself out. She wiped her mouth with a cloth and began sipping her tea. "I hate being sick." She grumbled to herself.

She composed herself and began to eat the soup made for her. Ochaco smiled at the delightful taste. So good! She thought, stirring the soup and occasionally blowing on it to cool it down. She smiled. She heard some footsteps approaching her room. Looking up, she noticed Izuku and Kota enter. "Deku, and I see you've brought Kota along. How are you both?" She asked, with a slight sniffle. "Better than you that's for sure." Kota said, walking closer and sitting at the edge of the bed. "What Kota means to say it, we hope you get better soon." Izuku said, walking to her side and pressing his cheek to hers. "Mmm, Deku. Thanks, you both are so sweet." She quickly pulled back and sneezed in her elbow away from Izuku. Kota grabbed a tissue and handed it to her.

"Th-Thanks Kota." Ochaco blew her nose and dropped it into a trash can. Izuku sat on the bed next to her and grabbed her spoon and began to feed her the soup "it's my fault, I should have pushed harder to go on patrol instead of you. Now you're sick because of me." He said, looking down. "Deku.." Ochaco started, resting her tail on his cheek "it's *sniff* not your fault. Demons get sick too, just a little *sniff* less often." Kota looked at Izuku as he gave her another spoon full of soup. "I know, but I still blame myself." Ochaco retracted her tail and rested it on the bed, the end of it dangling off the mattress. 

Izuku gave her another spoon full of soup. "I haven't been able to find Andrealphus or Abaddon." "It's *sniff* alright, I-I know you're t-*sniff* trying your best." Izuku gripped her hand tightly with his free one. "I'll bring them to justice. I promise." Ochaco smiled and tipped her tea. "I know you will. But *sniff* tell me, are the villagers *sniff* safe?" Izuku nodded "they're resilient. Of course, they're tired of the blizzard but they know we're doing everything we can. What about you? You okay?" 

As she tried to respond, she grabbed the bucket and punked again. Kota gagged and ran out of the room as Izuku put down the bowl and her spoon and rubbed circles on her back with his hands. "I'm tired of being sick." Ochaco huffed, after regaining the ability to speak. She snapped her fingers and the bucket was clean once more, but she felt nauseous again. "Ochaco stop using your powers if it's making you sick."

Ochaco sighed and Izuku finished feeding her "it'll be okay. I promise. I know being sick is rough." "You're telling *sniff* me." Ochaco sighed, Izuku had finished feeding her the soup. Ochaco looked out the window "I should be out there too *sniff* searching for *sniff* Abaddon and Andrealphus." Turning her head, she noticed the smile on his face. He bent over and kissed her cheek "you're so stubborn. But that's just another reason why I love you." Hearing this, her tail wagged and her wings fluttered a bit.

Taking notice, Izuku cupped her cheek "I promise I'll find them, then I'll come back to you." He said, climbing next to her and spooning her. Ochaco smiled "you'll get sick." Izuku chuckled and nuzzled closer "yeah. But then we'll be sick together." Ochaco scooted closer to him and smiled. "I love you... So much." "I love you more." "I love you most."