Chapter 33: An Angel's Father

Everyone gasped and looked at Ochaco. And so did God. He snapped his head at her, slowly made His way to her, and stopped right in front of her. Ochaco looked up to meet His eyes and glared. God knelt so He was able to look into her eyes. "You poor creature." That was all He said. God reached his hands to her and Deku could only watch.

Don't... He said mentally as if his Father could hear. Please don't..! Deku tugged at his chains and tried to reach out to her, but he couldn't. "Don't hurt her!" He screamed. 

God stopped His movements and faced Deku with a soft smile. "I would never." He unclipped the muzzle and her restraints, and Ochaco stared at God for a long second, then rushed to Deku to hug him. "You okay?" "Yeah." "You hurt?" "No." "Thank goodness." He answered, wrapping his wings around Ochaco who began breaking his chains.

When Deku was freed, he hugged her tightly and smiled. "You're crazy. Challenging Father like that." Ochaco chuckled "I'm crazy for you dumb-dumb." Deku smiled sweetly and kissed her cheek. The other Angels began to mutter and some even voiced their concerns to their peers.

God smiled and walks in front of them and Deku wraps his wings around her. "It has not been a very long time since one of my children has fallen for a Demon. I remember your father little one." He smiled "Uriel, was his name." Deku watched as Ochaco's face became more relaxed. "Y-You knew my father?" God laughed and knelt, patting her head "I know everyone and everything my dear, I am the Lord. I am the beginning and the end."

Deku smiled, he had never seen his Father so relaxed and He even seemed to enjoy their conversation. "Almighty Father," an Angel called out. He stood up and looked back at the one who called Him. "Is everything alright?" "No, Father, we brought them here because this demon has been wandering around the Human World and Deku has a relationship with her which is strictly against the rules. Deku has also broken a promise with Serafina."

"Is this true?" He asked, facing Deku. He nodded. I am in so much trouble... He felt Ochaco lean on his shoulder in a comforting way "It is," "I see... And why did you break the promise and pursue a relationship with her?" God asked, raising an eyebrow. 

Deku smiled and stood up, bringing his girlfriend up with him. "I broke the promise because I was pursuing a relationship with her. The thought of me killing Ochaco made me sick to my stomach. So, even though I agreed to the terms... It-It killed me to know I'd need to stain my hands with her blood. I know breaking a solemn vow is frowned upon, but... I just couldn't fully accept it. Not with her life on the line."

God smiled. "I understand my child." He then looked at Ochaco "what about you? Would you have done the same for him?" "Yes." She said instantly. "Yes of course." God chuckled "tell me," Deku started "why did you make the rule to forbid Demons... The kind Demons to come to the surface? Why did you ban our kinds from interacting?" 

He sighed "I feared what would happen with Lucifer would happen again. However, over the years,  I have seen many relationships like yours, all of them were good. I can see yours is good as well."

Deku smiled "so... Will you let her and Eri stay on Earth?"

"Yes."

The teen's eyes lit up as he picked her up and spun her around, before kissing her in front of everyone. They didn't care. Not anymore. They were free to be who they were and live where they wanted too. After they kissed, Ochaco faced God who was smiling "I have a question of my own." "Ask away my child." 

"Why were you in our room that one time? I saw you just floating at the foot of our bed." He smiled innocently and tilted his head. "I was only wondering how he was doing."

"You mean me right?" Deku asked, pointing to himself. He chuckled "no, I'm talking about your son."

Deku stood there confused "pardon me? My son?" He looked at Ochaco who put his hands on her stomach. "At the time, I thought you were human so I knew I couldn't be pregnant. But when you revealed it to me, I was shocked. We're going to be parents."

There were many gasps of disbelief and disgust. "This cannot be!" One Angel screamed, getting everyone's attention. "That thing is an abomination!" Many Angels nodded and even voiced their agreement "Angels are too pure to have a child with a Demon! She must've forced Deku, or maybe threatened him!" Looking at his girlfriend, he could tell she was on the verge of blowing a gasket, or bursting into tears.

The Angels began to jump down from their seats and make their way towards the couple, Deku positioning himself in between them. "Leave her alone. If you have an issue, you can duke it out with me."

One of them scoffed "if I know better, I'd say you're making a threat."

"Well do you?" He asked.

"What?"

"Know better?"

As Deku said this, his eyes started to glow bright green. God raised his hand and the commotion died down immediately until it stopped. "My children, please, gone are the days of old. I am now asking that you accept their decisions and to not chastise them. I've seen their hearts. They're pure and full of light." He bent and faced Ochaco's pregnant belly "and I know his heart is too." 

Deku kissed Ochaco's cheek and gently rubbed her stomach. "As per my gift to you both... You and all the others who wish to have a relationship with a Demon will no longer need to worry about their Souls. It will be balanced from now on."

The couple smiled once more and looked at God. "Thank you... So much."