Chapter 8: A Demon's Patrol

Soon after Izuku left, Ochaco and Eri finished the Katsudon Izuku had made and they washed the dishes together. "That was really good!" Eri said happily, licking some of the sauce that was still on her lips "can Izuku come over and make it again for us?" Ochaco chuckled "if he wants to, sure. But right now..." Ochaco said, her wings and tail becoming visible and picking Eri up from under her arms "it's time for bed."

"Awwww. But I wanna stay up with you..." Eri whined, giving Ochaco puppy eyes. "No Eri, time for bed. After a quick patrol of the village, I'm going to bed too. Okay?" Eri nodded and Ochaco put her on the ground "alright, let's get you to bed." 

Ochaco grabbed Eri's hand and they began walking down the small hallway, which had three rooms. The master bedroom, the guest bedroom right across from it, and the bathroom which was next to the guest bedroom. Eri went inside the master bedroom which had two small beds with a decent amount of covers. Eri went to the one with the green blanket and smiled "I like this one!" 

"That's my bed," Ochaco replied with a chuckle. Using some of her fire, she lit up the candle in her room and walked next to Eri, "get your pajamas on then go brush your teeth," Eri nodded and went to some drawers that had her name on them and opened the top, seeing a small grey pajama dress.

Eri changed into the dress along with some pink shorts and smiled "done!" Ochaco smiled "great, now you can go brush your teeth." Eri nodded and went to the bathroom, being guided by the light of the candle she took with her.

Ochaco got ready for bed as well, wearing a black tank top and pink shorts. She heard the water running from the small fossette then some brushing, and after a little bit Eri came back into the room with a smile, as she placed the candle on a nightstand.

"Ready for bed?" She asked her sister, grabbing the green covers and folding them back. Eri climbed into bed and Ochaco gently placed the covers on Eri's shoulders, "there, all cozy." Eri nodded "alright, goodnight Eri, if you need anything just shout my name and I'll be right over."

Eri nodded and almost instantly fell asleep. Ochaco had a smile on her face, this was the first time Eri has gone to sleep with a smile. Ochaco smiled and and touched Eri's bed, making a small barrier around it. She'll be safe in there.

Ochaco walked back through the house and then opened the door to the outside. It was pitch black out, the only thing being lit up were the lanterns scattered around the paths and the village. Her smile faded as she snapped her fingers, a rumbling sound being heard. Freki and Geri appeared in front of her, sitting down "mxqoli qeb sfiixdb. Obmloq yxzh ql jb fc vlr cfka xkvqefkd."

The Hellhounds let out a small growl as they ran back to the village, Ochaco lifting her wings and flying overhead and looking around the village. She didn't notice anything weird and she was thankful for that.

Looks like they can sleep peacefully tonigh-

Her thoughts were cut off by a howl from Geri. "Trouble." She simply said, flying to the direction of the howl. As she got closer, she saw Geri standing next to a giant hole on the outskirts of the village. Ochaco landed next to the Hellhound and knelt down, examining the hole. "A... Troll? What are they doing this far south?"

Ochaco looked at Geri "cfka fq."

Geri growled and sniffed the dirt, then ran back, Ochaco following shortly behind him. She heard some growling ahead. Looking further, Ochaco noticed Freki growling at something. Ochaco landed next to Freki as Geri looked over and growled as well. There was a lamp behind her and whoever was in front of her, was just out of reach of the light.

Bringing her hand to her chest, she pulled out her Demonic Sword, it was about the length of her arm. The handle was black with some runes on it, while the blade was black with hints of pink mixed in. "Whoever you are... Show yourself. I don't want to resort to violence. I'm sure this is all just a big misunderstanding."

Ochaco stepped closer to whatever was in the dark, seeing a silhouette. "I promise I won't hurt you, just come out."

Just then, there was a step heard. Ochaco noticed a large green barefoot in the light and slowly, an enormous Troll stepped out, holding a giant wooden club with spikes on the thicker end of it. The Troll was wearing black shorts and it had blood red eyes.

"Oh Satan...."

The Troll roared and lifted the club, before slamming it down where Ochaco was. But she jumped back and so did the Hellhounds. "Molqbzq qeb sfiixdbop! Jxhb prob qebv pqxv lrq lc qeb Qolii'p txv!" After a small growl of agreement, Geri and Freki ran back towards the village. 

The Troll must be sensing Eri's Angel half!

Ochaco flapped her wings and lifted into the air, raising her free hand and creating a small fireball above her palm. I can't go all out because the humans are still nearby... I might hurt them. Ochaco shrunk the fireball by a little bit and threw it at the Troll, hitting it's hand that was holding the club. The Troll let out a scream of pain and swung the club up, hitting Ochaco's back, feeling a burning sensation.

"OUCH!"

Ochaco was launched back into the village and she hit the stone fountain, breaking the top and falling back and tumbling on the street, hitting her head against a stone pillar. That'll leave a bruise... Slowly, she stood up and clutched her sword, looking at the Troll.

"Sin-... Since whe-en... Are- Two?" Shaking her head, she slowly walked over, that hurt more than it should've... Ochaco looked at her back and noticed it was burned. "Ho- Holy Wa-Water?" Ochaco winced and let out some shaky breaths, seeing the Troll beginning to walk towards some houses. 

Noticing the sudden approach, she looked at Geri and Freki "jxhb prob fq albpk'q dl kbxo qeb elrpbp." They nodded and began running to the Troll, acting like dogs herding sheep back into their pen. Only this time, it was Hellhounds herding a giant troll into the forest.

Ochaco knelt down and drew some runed on the soil. It began to glow and Ochaco pointed to the Troll, some dirt and stone in the form of chains wrapping around the ankles and wrists of the beast.

"Tha-That should h-hold you..." Geri and Freki backed away but surely enough... "RAAAGH!" The Troll broke free. "Oh crumbs."

The Troll grabbed it's club and was about to throw it at her, but she noticed something small being tossed at the green beast, hitting it's chest and launching it back with a small explosion. Looking at where the toss came from, she looked back and noticed Izuku standing on the balcony of the inn with another bottle in his hands.