Chapter 3: An Angel's Trust

Izuku decided to erase their memories of when Ochaco and Eri met him for the first time. He already had his story rehearsed and memorized in case something like this happened. He wanted to see what would happen if he interacted with Ochaco as a human who was always stuttering and had almost no self-confidence.

To his surprise, she treated him with kindness and hospitality, and even if she believes she had just met him, she was so kind to him. When she noticed someone in her house without her knowledge, she didn't try fighting him, she waited and heard him out and even offered him some tea that wasn't poisoned.

But now, she's going into the human village without a disguise. And doesn't even seem bothered by it! So before they arrived in the village, Izuku decided to confront her about it. "Hey Ochaco?" "Yeah?" She didn't even look at him, she was too focused on Eri who was flapping her wings as if she was trying to get used to the feeling of feathers on her back, and the bat wings mixed in.

"Why are you going into the village without a disguise? Aren't you both going to get killed?" Ochaco laughed and shook her head, "no no, we'll be fine. They know that I'm a Demon and that Eri is a Hybrid. They've know ever since I was here... More or less." "And they're okay with it?" He asked, the confusion evident in his voice. Ochaco nodded, "yes they are. However, I know that some villagers are still scared of me. It bothers me at times, but they can think what they want. At the end of the day, Eri and I are here."

The trio continued to walk to the village. "Ochaco look!" Both teens looked at Eri and she had a concerned look on her face and her fingers were pointing to the base of a tree. They all rushed over and when they got closer, there was a small baby robin. It had all its feathers and looks like it was learning how to fly, but it fell off the tree. It was curled up and one of its wings was tinted red.

Eri slowly picked up the small bird and cupped it in her hands "poor birdie is hurt..." She looked up at her sister "can you help it?" Ochaco knelt down and smiled, taking the bird gently from Eri. "You can heal it too you know." "I can?" She asked, and Ochaco nodded "yes, now, put your hands over the baby bird." 

Izuku watched the girls carefully. Can Demons really heal the injured? Even Hybrids? 

"Now, I want you to look inside yourself. Close your eyes..." Eri closed her eyes "you want to heal the bird. So think of that. Healing the bird..." Eri took a deep breath and her wings shot open and her hands began to glow a light shade of red. 

There was a small flash and they heard a small sound from under Eri's hands. Eri opened her eyes and removed her hands and saw the small bird standing up and shaking. The bird looked up at Eri and made some chirping sounds then at Ochaco. "Good job Eri!" Eri's face lit up "I did it! I healed the bird!"

Eri ran over to Izuku and tugged his shirt and pointed to the baby robin that was pruning itself "Izuku did you see that? Did you see that? I healed the baby bird!" Izuku nodded "yeah I saw. You did amazing!" Eri smiled and giggled then she ran back to Ochaco who was gently stroking the bird. "Do you want to help me put it back in the nest?"

Ochaco spread her wings and flew a few meters off the ground and Eri did the same, although she stumbled a few times, Ochaco caught her with her powers and allowed Eri to correct herself.

The winged girls flew up to the nest.  Ochaco smiled and gently placed the baby bird in the center of its home and smiled "never be afraid to help others Eri. Always take the time to make sure they are cared for." Eri nodded and smiled "I'm gonna help take care of everyone! Just like Ochaco!" 

Izuku watched the two girls as they smiled and laughed, then they slowly flew back to him and they smiled to each other. "Come on, let's head to the village." Eri grabbed Ochaco's hand as they walked to the village. Izuku stood where he was as he watched the girls walking towards the village.

She doesn't seem so bad.... Stop that! It's just her powers manipulating you! She's still a Demon!

His thoughts were interrupted when his name was called out. He looked up and Ochaco and Eri were looking at him "you coming or not?" Izuku nodded and ran to catch up with them and they continued to walk to the village together.

When the villagers looked at Ochaco, then back to Eri as they arrived, the villagers screamed.

Izuku was ready for the worst. An elderly villager ran to her screaming and holding their arms out to her. "Ochaco! It's so good to see you again!" The lady yelled, hugging Ochaco. "Hi!" She answered, wrapping her wings around her. "I know I said I'd visit soon! But here, look!" Ochaco backed away and pointed to Eri, "this is my sister. Eri, this is Mrs. Smith." Mrs. Smith smiled and knelt down, "Eri, it's so nice to finally meet you, your sister told me a lot about you. I'm so glad to see you're okay."

Eri smiled and nodded "Ochaco told me the soup she gave me was yours! It was sooo goood!" Mrs. Smith smiled and pat Eri's head "then I'll make as much for you as you'd like." Eri smiled and pointed to Izuku "Ochaco told me he saved me!" 

Mrs. Smith looked at Izuku and smiled sweetly "thank you young man. You have no idea how much this means to everyone." Izuku just smiled as a response. Mrs. Smith bent down best she could and cupped Eri's face "she's so slim! I need to feed her! Come come, into the village!"