Chapter 10: A Demon's Health

Ochaco felt warm, she also felt like she was being cradled like a baby. Slowly opening her eyes, she looked up at saw Izuku. But he had a golden halo over his head. Rubbing her eyes, she looked back at him and the halo was gone.

How hard did I hit my head?

She sighed but that got the attention of the boy "you're awake, that's good. How are you feeling?" Ochaco smiled weakly and placed her head back on his shoulder "I've... Been better... But I think I'm delusional..." "Why's that?" She chuckled "you had a halo. Or maybe I was just seeing one of the lamps over your head? I don't know anymore. But I'm seeing double and I think I have a concussion or something." 

"Th-That's probably it... Anyways, I'm taking you to the infirmary." She nodded, but her eyes went wide "the villagers-" "Are unharmed." "Eri-" "Is at your house sleeping. Mrs. Smith and Geri went to check up on her." Ochaco smiled and leaned into his touch "thank you." 

Izuku smiled "where are you taking me?" She asked hesitantly, noticing that he was walking. "To the infirmary," he answered plainly. "N-No..." She said, gripping his shirt "not there.." She could tell he was confused without looking at him "why? What's wrong?" 

"R-Reco-"

"Reco? Whose that?"

However, Ochaco began to pass out once again. Although she is aware of her surroundings, she can't speak or move. Suddenly, they arrived at the small building. It was a small shack with stone columns supporting a small overhang and the base of the house was stone but the rest was wood apart from the windows. Hesitantly, Izuku knocked on the door with his foot.

"Whose there?"

"I'm a friend of Ocha-"

"Her again? Oh well, bring her inside." 

The wooden door opened, revealing an elderly woman in a red and pink shirt with a white lab coat that went to the floor, hiding her black pants and shoes. Her silver hair was tied in a bun and she had a cane that looked similar to a syringe. No... Ochaco whined in her head.

"Well aren't you a dashing young man, please, come in. You can place her on the bed in that corner there." She said, stepping aside and walking to the bed. Ochaco heard the lady close the door and grab some things as Izuku gently placed her on the bed over the covers. 

"You still conscious?" He asked "mmgn.." He sighed and grabbed her hand in his as the lady came over "what is it this time?" She asked, placing her wrinkled hand on Ochaco's forehead, before opening her eyes and looking at her pupils "she fought a Troll, but the club was laced with Holy Water and it burned her badly. I did the best to heal her with my potions but I don't know if it was enough."

She chuckled "a Troll got to you? My, that doesn't sound like you at all." Ochaco just grumbled. "What's your name love?" She asked Izuku and he smiled "I'm Izuku, I'm from a few towns over. I was looking for herbs when I saw a pink blast. When I came over I saw Ochaco on the ground, unconscious."

"She is always doing reckless things, and I'm the one who has to heal her." She smiled to the boy "call me Recovery Girl young man." Recover Girl gently took Ochaco's free hand and checked her pulse and timed it with a Grand-Father Clock nearby.

"Her pulse is steady, but her breathing is a little ragged and forced. Would you mind lifting her top half so I can check her back?" Izuku nodded. Don't do it... She silently pleaded to him. She felt his hands envelope her and lift her up, leaning her on his shoulder.

Recovery Girl looked at the Demon's back and sighed "it's healing, but it's still badly burnt. Poor  girl." The lady turned to face a cupboard and began grabbing vials and mixing potions. The lady took a deep breath and poured the liquid onto her hands and has she made a move to touch Ochaco, Izuku gently squeezed her, the nurse taking notice.

"It is alright, I am an Alchemist. This will help speed up the healing process." Ochaco gently squeezed their intertwined hands and did her best to smile. Izuku nodded and Recovery Girl placed her hands on Ochaco's back, a small glow being seen. The wounds began to heal much faster, leaving the biggest wounds to half their seize and the cuts and bruises vanishing instantly.

"There, that should do it." Izuku nodded "if it's alright with you, could I do something to heal her? I think I might be able to reverse her concussion and prevent scarring." Recovery Girl nodded "I may have some potions in the back, follow me."

Ochaco was placed back down on the bed with her head against the pillows. "I'll be back soon okay?" Ochaco grumbled and Izuku left. Noooo.... Now when I'm better Recovery Girl is going to scold me.... Again.

Ochaco sighed, at least the villagers are safe. But, what was a Troll doing this far south? And why was it's club laced with Holy Water? None of this makes any sense. Did someone create it? Or summon it? The closest Trolls only come out in the day so why was this one out at night? Why was it only focused on me and not the humans? Why was it stronger than normal? 

So many questions flooded her mind, but before she could even answer them, she succumbed to her drowsiness and fell asleep.