Chapter 21: An Angel's Superior

They all sat in a triangle. Izuku next to Ochaco with Castiel in front of them. Geri and Freki were behind Ochaco, sitting and waiting for their order to attack the intruder. "So, tell me why you're here."

Castiel? Why is he here?  How did he find me?

"I was on my daily patrol when I noticed you out here. With him." He said, gesturing to Izuku. "And?" Ochaco asked as if it was normal for a Demon to be out with a human. "Demons should not be allowed on the surface. It is strictly against our laws!" He protested. Ochaco sighed "your laws. Not ours. Angel laws do not apply to Demons. It is not fair to impose your law and judgment on another."

Izuku looked at Castiel nervously. He knew that Castiel was an Angel. Ochaco could snap him in half if she wanted to, but she refrained. "Your kind is evil and has caused nothing but trouble for us for millennia!" Izuku looked at her hands and noticed that they were clenched painfully "I am sorry for what my ancestors may have done, but I assure you, I have no intention of harming humans. And besides, we Demons haven't done anything to 'plunge the world in total darkness.'" She said, her fingers doing the air quotes.

Izuku looked at Castiel who gave an annoyed look to the Demon. "That does not exclude the possibility that you will do something similar in the near future. And if you are what you say you are then I must bring you in to face your judgment." He paused before speaking, his tone in a warning "and if I find any evidence in your village that you have been turning them into your own personal army-"

"You leave my village out of this or I will slit your throat without a second thought."

Izuku trembled at the thought. "O-Ochaco please c-calm d-down. There's no n-need to slit his t-throat..." Izuku reached over and grabbed her hands and shoulder, her face relaxing. "I'm terribly sorry. But please refrain from harming the occupants there."

Castiel sighed "very well." Ochaco looked at the Angel closely "Castiel, was it? Let me ask you this then: What would you do if the Demons suddenly claimed that they were in charge. Ruler of the Three Worlds, if you will. And because of it, your kind was forced into solitude and constantly being ridiculed." "Well, I suppose that I would be angry. But don't you try to say that Demons-" "Exactly. So what gives Angels the right to do the same?"

"Our Father created this world from nothing. Therefore it is only natural that he has authority over his creatures. He can create new creatures on a whim. He gave us Angels the power to govern these worlds as a form of authority. We are responsible for protecting his creations and eliminating any threats." 

Castiel took out his blade once more "Perhaps I'll make an example out of you." As he approached, Geri and Freki growled at him, causing the Angel to back away. 

"You promised me safe conduct if we were to talk!"

"I did. But my Hellhounds made no promise. And you threatened their mother."

Castiel adjusted his tie. "This meeting is concluded." Ochaco nodded and stood up. "I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to speak. Now would you kindly leave? Next time you threaten the ones I care about I will not be so merciful."

"Fine." Castiel replied. "But I'm taking the boy with me." He said, pointing to Izuku. Ochaco was about to speak, but Izuku grabbed her hand "it's okay. I'll be fine." As Izuku got up, Ochaco grabbed his wrist and pulled him into a hug. 

"Call my name if you need me." He smiled and kissed her cheek "sorry this date didn't go as planned." She chuckled "don't worry. Next time I'll make sure we complete the date" She nodded sadly. Izuku walked to Castiel without complaint. Castiel grabbed Izuku by the waist and took to the sky.

"Bring my horse back to the stables please!" He shouted as he went out of her sight.

------------

"What was the point of that Castiel?" Deku asked as they sat on a cloud together. "You were with the enemy. I thought that she had taken you hostage." "You thought wrong." Deku said plainly. 

"She's my girlfriend." He added "I admit that freely." Castiel began stuttering before speaking clearly "your girlfriend?!" Deku nodded with a smile "I assure you, she's the nicest being in the Three Worlds."

Castiel pinched the bridge of his nose "you had one job." He scolded "locate the source of the blast, assess if friend or foe, and kill it if it is a Demon." He nodded "I determined that she is a friend." Deku smiled "as per your orders. Castiel please, if you would just get to know her, I'm sure that your mind will change."

"Who would give you the authority to not kill her and allow her to continue living in the village?" 

"I did."

They looked back and saw Serafina there, "good afternoon my brothers. I believe that you are to be owed an explanation, Castiel." Serafina sat down on the cloud and crossed her legs, placing her hands on her lap.

"I came to Deku in a small room of an inn he was at, he told me she meant no harm, so we made a deal. She is allowed to live in the village, but if she does anything that could harm the humans, she was to be put down with no questions asked." She looked at Deku "and if you both are lovers I assume it is going well?"

Deku nodded. "Good, so I see no issue here." Serafina looked at Castiel "Father has always taught us to 'love thy neighbor', did He not?" Castiel sputtered for a moment, then sighed. "Very well. But I'll be keeping a close eye on her." As he said that, Castiel flew off into the distance.

Serafina spread her three pairs of wings and looked at Deku as she stood up. "I shall converse with Michael about this. Although he is not easy to persuade, I shall do my best." "I thought you already spoke to him." Serafina stiffened. "I did not. No. Deku you must know this: I was afraid to tell anyone. I do not fear that I will lose my rank, I am afraid for what they might do to you, and her."

Serafina stood silent before she smiled and motioned for him to follow her. They jumped off the cloud and flew into the air. "Tell me, how is it with her?" Deku smiled "amazing. Father was right. Finding your soulmate is a wonderous experience. She makes me feel whole." 

"I am glad you are happy. But please be careful. I sense a great danger is about to arise. One she fears most. You must be ready to protect her. Even if it means revealing who you truly are. Tell me, if it were to come to it: Would you sacrifice everything for her?"

Deku didn't hesitate. "Yes."