Chapter 5: An Angel's Denial

"How long do you plan on staying for exactly?" Izuku asked, leaving forward. "Well... As long as I'm alive. Plain and simple." Izuku nodded "what about you? What's your plan after this?" Izuku could tell she was genuinely curious and gave her a soft smile. "Well, I guess I'd go study potions in different towns across the country, visiting my hometown and my mom once in a while." Ochaco just nodded and looked at Eri and Tsu who were playing pattycake. 

Izuku looked at Eri and Tsu and smiled "you know... I can tell something's off about you Izuku."

He slowly looked back at her. Her face had no expression and her wings flapped once, before stopping and folding behind her back "y-you can? A-And w-what's t-that?" Ochaco smiled "even though you stutter like crazy and are very shy... I can tell you have a lot of potential. You're just too focused on what others say and think about you. Relax and focus on yourself and what you want to do."

Ochaco leaned over the table and grabbed Izuku's hands in hers "you can do it okay? I believe in you." Izuku couldn't move. No one has ever told him they believed in him when making his own decisions. Much less a girl. For a second, he thought that he was supposed to be undercover and disguised. He was about to go back to his Angel form and fly out of the room because he was so happy. Thankfully, he got ahold of himself and kept his disguise.

The downside, his face was now tomato red.

Izuku quickly retracted his hands and his face in his arms "t-thanks..." Ochaco smiled and looked at Tsu and Eri, "hey Tsu?" "Yeah?" She asked, lifting her head and looking at the Demon "can you watch Eri for a bit?" Tsu looked at Eri and then back at Ochaco "yeah sure!"

Ochaco smiled and looked back at Izuku "come on, I'll finish giving you the tour of our village." As she walked past him, Izuku noticed that her smile had faded and she looked quite sad. Nevertheless, Izuku followed her outside the inn and walked alongside her.

Ochaco lead Izuku through the village, but first, they were at the farm. And true to the man's words from earlier, the pigs were out of their pen and running around. "Hey, Izuku..." He turned to her "watch this." Ochaco chuckled and snapped her fingers. Just then, the ground began to quake gently. Behind the pigs, from the ground arose two dogs. They were pure black with red eyes and spiked collar. 

"Are those HELLHOUNDS?!" 

Ochaco nodded and whistled, getting the hound's attention. "Olrka qebj rm fkpfab qebfo mbk. Exoj kl mfd." The hounds barked at the pigs and they squealed. Some pigs tried to flee, but a hound would jump in front of them and growl. Slowly, the dogs circled them and forced them back into the pen. When all the pigs were inside, one of the hounds pushed his snout up to the gate and closed it, the latch locking itself.

The Hellhounds then looked at Ochaco and began walking to her. When they arrived, they sat down in front of her and panted, wagging their tails "good boys!" She cooed, patting their heads. They growled happily then looked at Izuku. He looked at the girl and she smiled, causing the hounds to stand up and sniff Izuku's arms and legs. 

"Don't worry, they won't hurt anyone unless I tell them too. I'd like you to meet my Hellhounds, Geri and Freki." Izuku looked at the dogs who panted and licked the back of his hands and Ochaco chuckled at her hounds's sudden action. "Alright you two, back to bed."

The hounds turned around and ran back to the holes they crawled out of and went back inside, the ground closing up behind them as if nothing happened.

As Ochaco kept telling him interesting facts and answering his questions, he noticed that her face was usually sad and or expressionless. Izuku became curious and decided to use one of his powers on her, it was a special pheromone that could compel anyone to tell the truth, even if it was temporary, he felt he would be able to get some information out of her that would reveal her true intentions to him.