chapter 1

i sigh in annoyance and unbury my head from my attempt to try and drown out the noise of my annoying brothers with my pillows.

it was well past midnight and they still had music blasting through speakers with all their friends over. i had been trying to sleep for hours but nothing could drown out the sounds of them.

i get up and turn on my lamp next to my bed looking over my room. i grab the sweatpants laying next to my bed and slip them on, i grab my phone and then head downstairs.

i look around the house and hear them all in the kitchen so i begin my walk to the kitchen but i trip over someone's stupid shoe before i make it there. i hear someone laugh behind me and see colton, my twin brothers best friend, coming down the stairs.

colton was like eye candy. he's beautiful. dark hair. blue eyes. tattoos. piercings. abs. he's currently in black ripped jeans that hung low on his hips revealing the waistband of his black boxers. he had on nothing else though, just jeans, boxers, and socks. no shirt.

"you look pissed." he comments and i roll my eyes standing up.

"yeah some of us are trying to sleep." i cross my arms and he smirks.

"relax, sweetheart. follow me." he says turning around and heading back up the stairs.

i glance over my shoulder in the direction of the kitchen and then back at colton who has made it back up the stairs already. i begin to follow him and we go down the long hallway and to my brothers room.

"what are we doing in here colton?" annoyance fills my voice as i watch him dig through a backpack.

"i'm helping you calm down." he turns around with a blunt in his hand and i roll my eyes.

"smoking is not going to help right now." i begin heading towards the door. i make it a little ways down the hallway before i'm thrown over his shoulder and am carried to the balcony at the end of the hall.

"if you do not put me down right now colton i am going to dig my nails so deep into your fucking back you're gonna bleed and wish you never touched me." i say in as much of a serious tone that i can do.

he says nothing and i'm thrown down onto the couch outside and glare up at him. he shakes his head and lights the blunt ignoring me as he walks to the railing and leans over it putting it to his lips. i watch as he takes a drag from the blunt and then grabs it between his two fingers. smoke leaves his mouth next and i begin wanting to smoke too.

i sigh and stand up going to stand next to him. he offers me the blunt and i take it, taking a drag from it. he smirks and i glare at him as we smoke together.

once most of the blunt is gone colton breaks our silence we had been in since we go outside.

"what were you saying about smoking not helping?" he asks.

"shut the fuck up." i say with a smile and he smiles back.

"i never thought i'd be smoking with kingsley may. the perfect girl who can do no wrong. who knew?" he shrugs and i jab him with my elbow. "calm down princess if anything that was a backhanded compliment."

"you're so fucking annoying." i say and once again he smirks but this time he wrapping his arm around my shoulder and leans his side against the railing so he was more at my height.

"i couldn't tell you how many times i've heard that. at least be original." he provokes.

"you're the worst smoking buddy ever." i say.

"see, that i haven't heard but i provided the weed so i get a little credit sweetheart." he says.

"shouldn't you get back downstairs, ya know, with my brothers who if catch you up here, alone with me, right now you're screwed." i take another drag of the blunt and look away from him. he's close to me, like unnecessarily close to me right now and for some reason...i liked it.