chapter 5

a/n: i skim edited this chapter so if there's mistakes pls point them out and i'll fix it <3

i wake up to my bedroom door being open and then my moms voice telling me wake up.

"mom?" i question rubbing my eye and looking at her in the dark room.

"morning honey." she says and throws open the curtain. i flop back in bed with my arm over my eyes. i immediately hear her heels on the hardwood floor. "come on wake up, i haven't been home in months and want to see my kids."

"okay." i mumble and she leaves my room. i sit up and grab my phone and head towards the bathroom. i shower and put on white shorts and a blue shirt, i tuck into a sports bra i'm wearing to make it cropped. i put on white socks and shoes and after i blow dry my hair i put it in a bun. i then brush my teeth and spray perfume before heading downstairs.

i find everyone in the kitchen listening to my mom talk about her trip to italy her and my dad just went on. when they notice me, my dad instantly hugs me.

"i missed you honey." he says and kisses my head.

"i did too dad. this was y'all's longest trip yet." i complain.

"i know next time it won't be as long." he says.

"you look gorgeous. you ready?" my mom asks when she walks passed me and is practically already out the door before anyone can even leave the kitchen.

"where are we going?" i question following her out the door. when i get no answer i turn to look at my brothers. they shrug so i guess only my mom knows what's going on.

"breakfast i hope." cody says and we all get into either my parent's range rover or mason's truck. i ride with my parents and so does corbyn while cody and kingston ride with mason.

"i hope you're hungry." mom says and pulls into 'the paper mills' parking lot. it was a small breakfast restaurant in town that was more fancier than cracker barrel or waffle house would be.

we enter and get a table immediately, once seated our drink order is taken and i finally open the menu. french toast, pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, quiches. the menu was filled with options and i felt overwhelmed with how many pages there are.

i decided to keep it simple with pancakes and eggs. when the waitress returns with our drinks she begins taking our order and once that's done my mom finally begins talking.

"you guys are probably wondering why i dragged you out of bed and to breakfast." she says and we all agree. "we have a business party tomorrow night and i need all of you ready by 6. we're going shopping after this so hurry and eat."

"we haven't even gotten our food yet dear." my dad reminds her and she smiles.

"yes but when it arrives hurry. i need you guys to start planning what to wear now. on such short notice i'm quite stressed and yes, you all have to attend." she says and cody shakes his head.

"our mom is insane." kingston mumbles to me and i laugh.

"that we knew." i say picking up my juice and taking a drink.

"so what's new here? what did i miss? fill me in on everything!" mom says excitedly taking a drink of her champagne. it was only 9am but that's just how mom is with her fancy, lavish life.

"i have a job." corbyn says since no one else answered.

"that's disgusting." my mom frowns.

"honey." my dad says. "that's great son, where?"

"a bar, country line." he says.

"oh...well that's, different but good. i'm happy for you. do you like it?" dad was definitely more down to earth then mom was but that was partially my dad's fault for spoiling her since high school.