chapter 14

i stare at my phone which is on google maps because i can't figure out how to get to colton's apartment complex. it's a little outside of town since colton doesn't like people and i couldn't be anymore lost trying to find it.

i look at the road names and try to figure out where to go and eventually i figure it out. i pull into the complex a few minutes later and park my car next to his in front of his apartment. i see the delivery truck and see people unloading the furniture he bought so i get out and follow them to the apartment. they carry it inside and i follow eager to see the apartment.

when colton sees me he smiles and comes to me wrapping his arms around me. i lean up and kiss him quickly and i hold him back.

"it looks cute, well from what i've seen." i say and he lets go of me and begins showing me the apartment. the delivery guys begin setting up the couch in the living room as he walks me to the bedroom. they had already set up his bedroom furniture and his bed was now nicely made in the middle of the room.

"we can go get decorations later, oh my god! i'm so excited for you!" i squeal and wrap my arms around him and he throws me onto the bed and kisses me.

"we can spend more time together now without having to worry about someone seeing." he says and i smile.

"i love it, it's perfect for you. i like the wood flooring but carpet in the bedroom. the kitchen is pretty, everything is just amazing for you." i say and he smiles.

"i love how excited you are but we do need to talk." he says and i hate those words. my mind begins to race but since he has anxiety he has already noticed. "sorry, no nothing bad really."

"what is it?" i ask.

"i don't have very much money at the moment, i get paid in a few days but right now i can't afford to get more furniture and dinner will probably be ramen if you stay over." he says.

"please let me pay. please colton." i beg. "you always buy me things, always take care of me, always do everything for me. i want to do the same for you. i'll buy dinner and i really wanna go to target and get you some decorations. at least a nice fluffy cute blanket we can have wrapped around us tonight as we cuddle. please colt."

"kingsley." he sighs looking conflicted.

"please baby." i say and he smiles.

"fine...fine. no where expensive though please. i'm so tired of fancy places. we can get a few decorations and a blanket." he agrees and i squeal again.

"thank you!" i say and hug him tightly.

"that wasn't my exact point though, being with me will mean money struggles. you'll come over and i might not have groceries at times and i probably won't have a bunch of furniture for a while either." he says.

"but being with me means you don't have to worry about that stuff. i got it, i can help you." i say but he shakes his head.

"i don't want help i want to do it on my own, i just need you to understand that. you might not like watching me struggle but it's gonna happen and i'll figure it out like i always do." his eyes hold emotions i've never seen before but i find myself nodding as i stare into his beautiful eyes.

"i understand but know you always have help when you want it. i'll be here, hating watching you struggle but i will if it's what you want." i say and he nods.

"thank you." he says.

"don't thank me." i smile and kiss him.

"now guess what!" he says excitedly.

"what?" i ask just as excited because he is.

"with my lease there's a gym, a pool, even a tanning bed. i figured you'd enjoy that." he says.